This is just a little reminder that Mother’s day is coming up in the US on Sunday May 9, 2010 (Other counties have different days for example Sweden is always the last Sunday in May)
In case you’re looking for gifts, I have a great list of my top 10 food and kitchen ideas for Mother’s Day:
- Acacia Honey– Cost $11.45 for one jar of the best honey in the world. The acaia honey is delicate, smooth, subtle and light flavor. An ideal sugar substitute for coffee and tea. High fructose content makes this clear golden-yellow honey extremely sweet but never cloying. If your mother loves honey this is a perfect gift.
- Rose’s Heavenly Cakes Cookbook – Cost $24.77. This cookbook was the winner of the International Association of Culinary Professionals Cookbook Awards for 2010. What mother wouldn’t want an award winning baking cookbook? Some of the recipes here are; Chocolate Velvet Fudge Cake, Spice Cake with Peanut Butter cream, Apple-Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake and many more.
- Abaca Tea Box from Mighty Leaf – Cost $24.95. Ever since I had this tea a few years ago at a restaurant I have ordered most of my tea from here. It is excellent quality and if you are a tea lover you need to try it out. Each box comes filled with 30 of our whole leaf biodegradable tea pouches.
- Fran’s Chocolates – Cost $28.00 for 20pc Pretty in Pink Truffles & Caramels – A complete assortment of handmade truffles and award-winning salt caramels. These are my new favorite chocolates on order. I received these as a gift last year for Christmas and they were delicious. Today if I want to send chocolates as a gift I go to Fran’s.
- My CucinaPersonalized Bamboo Cutting Board – Cost $34.95. This is an excellent idea. You can personalize a cutting board with up to 16 characters to your mother. Every time she stands in the kitchen chopping she will think of you.
- Vinturi Red Wine Aerator – Cost $39.95. This actually works. The simple act of pouring wine through the aerator increases pressure as you pour, drawing in and mixing just the right amount of air to help wines open up to their full potential.
- Simplify Ceramic Countertop Compost Container – Cost $60.00. If your mother is not composting yet this might be a great opportunity for her to start with a great little ceramic compost container.
- Gift Certificate to her favorite restaurant – Cost $100 – My favorite restaurant in Seattle, WA is Café Juanita so if you are in the area this is a great gift certificate. If you are else where buy her a gift certificate to her favorite restaurant.
- Fromages.com – Cost $105 for 10 difference cheeses. Is your mother a cheese lover? Well then this is the gift for her. Amazing French cheese directly shipped from France. See my full review here.
- Le Crueset Cassis Round French Ovens – Cost starting at $189.95 at Sur La Table. This is the legendary cookware in a fresh new color, my favorite is this Cassis color. If your mother doesn’t have a Crueset in the kitchen this would be the perfect opportunity to get one. I think it is a key cookware item to have in the kitchen.
What are you getting for your Mother?