Thursday, June 17, 2010

Kitchen Fashion – What to wear in the kitchen!

I have never been a fan of aprons. I am not sure why, maybe because I always had over sized ugly things laying around.  But the more I cook the more clothes I seem to ruin by grease stains or fruit stains of all sorts.  So I thought that I needed a nice little stylish apron for myself when I cook.  I need something that I can wear and not look ridiculous in. So I started to look around for aprons.  And I would have never known but there are some really cool looking aprons out there.  Who would have known?  I had a hard time choosing.  Not only did I want to share the fashion of the kitchen aprons I found, but I would like to know which one I should get?

Here are my top 10 choices:

1. Bessie Bride To Be…Blue from Apronologie for $65.00

2. Pink Licorice from The Hip Hostess for $32.00

3. Sweet Cherry Pie – Ruffled Half-Apron from Eclectic What not for $30.00

4. Bib Ava  from Apron Warehouse for $32.95

5. Presentation Apron from Crooked Brook for $28.00

6. Pink Pears Apron – As Seen on Desperate Housewives from DLux57 for $57.00

7. Contempo from Sommer Designs for $18.00

8. Blue Retro Full Apron – Flirty Everyday Housewife Apron from Momo’s Retro Fashions for $28.00

9. Mod Dot  from Heavenly Hostess for $80.00

10. Bib Carmen from Jessie Steele for $32.95

Which one is your favorite?

33 Responses to “Kitchen Fashion – What to wear in the kitchen!”

Lisa — June 17, 2010 @ 5:57 am

I absolutely LOOOVE apron #1. You just cant get any cuter than that. But since I AM an apron wearer I know which are more practical. I like full aprons. Rarely do I get any messes from the waste down. Most everything seems to spash on the top. I would go for #8 personally. Good luck choosing!
    Lisa

• Delishhh replied: — June 17th, 2010 @ 9:56 am

Lisa – i know – i was wondering if i could ware that #1 apron like an outfit 🙂 But i think i agree with you. Thanks for stopping by. And i love your new book case!

Piper — June 17, 2010 @ 8:25 am

Can I still get away with wearing one if I don’t cook?!! Because they’re so pretty!! Of course I do make a great sous-chef to my husband 🙂

• Delishhh replied: — June 17th, 2010 @ 9:56 am

Piper – I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking i could probably get away with wearing #1 just as an outfit 🙂

D. @ Outside Oslo — June 17, 2010 @ 11:26 am

Those aprons are cute. Aprons can be a great way to add a little fun and splash of color to one’s baking adventures.

• Delishhh replied: — June 17th, 2010 @ 11:16 pm

Outside Olslo – I know, i think they are cute too. Thanks for coming by again.

Janelle — June 17, 2010 @ 6:37 pm

I LOVE apron #1! I am copying over my comment from the Blog Frog….just in case you don’t see it. ;o)

Hello! I recently fell in love with wearing aprons as well…..so much so that my mother and I started a business. J & J Inspirations! We are JUST getting started. So far we have a Facebook page, a blog, and we go weekly to the local Farmers Market. It is so much fun! We have started making sack dresses, tote bags, fabric corsages, and making our first nursing covers this week. Tomorrow I am taking a bunch of our aprons to a boutique! I am so excited about this new adventure!

Here is our Facebook page as well: http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=121172047905943

• Delishhh replied: — June 17th, 2010 @ 11:17 pm

Janelle, nice aprons and that is so great you started this business with your mother. Now you just need a bigger inventory. Keep it up!

My Magic Mom — June 17, 2010 @ 8:59 pm

I like number 4 or 6 since they are cute and practical since they cover the top of you. I tend to splash on my shirt most often, not my pants. Maybe I need to look into an apron too! Whichever one you pick, you’ll get a cute one!

Reeni — June 18, 2010 @ 7:40 am

These are all so cute! Love the cherry pie one and the last black one!

• Delishhh replied: — June 20th, 2010 @ 7:11 pm

Reeni, we have the same taste, i agree. Thanks for stopping by.

ingrid — June 18, 2010 @ 8:38 am

Loved them all especially the half ones but I’d chose the black one. Because it’s black it hides everything. It’s also a full apron so it protects your top and bottom PLUS it super sytlish! Oh, yeah and it’s not too pricey!
    ~ingrid

• Delishhh replied: — June 20th, 2010 @ 7:17 pm

Ingrid, i agree with you, so far i think the leading apron is the black one.

Maggie — June 19, 2010 @ 8:37 am

I love apron too and have been selling them online for over 3 year now. I offer a wide assortment of styles and colors for the whole family. Please check out my site http://www.eThoughtfulThings.com.

Maddie — June 19, 2010 @ 12:08 pm

Oh, my word. I love my own ruffly, printed Anthropologie apron, and sometimes I bake just so I have an excuse to wear it. Your picks are gorgeous!

• Delishhh replied: — June 20th, 2010 @ 7:21 pm

Maddie, really you have one? That is awesome! I just want to get one so i can wear it out! 🙂

susie — June 19, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

They are all great! I am following from ‘Mom Loop Friday Follow’…I know I am late but what else is new? I sure am glad I visited, I will return. You are invited to visit me, I look forward to seeing you…I ‘ll get the aprons out. susie

• Delishhh replied: — June 20th, 2010 @ 7:21 pm

Susie, thanks for stopping by, come on by anytime!

Kelly Marie — June 20, 2010 @ 11:32 am

I love the first and the last one. They all are really cute.

• Delishhh replied: — June 20th, 2010 @ 7:22 pm

Kelly, thanks for stopping by. I agree with you. I think the black one is the winner.

Paris Pastry — June 20, 2010 @ 11:48 pm

They’re all beautiful, but #1 is so fabulous!! J’adore it!

? Daniëlle

• Delishhh replied: — June 24th, 2010 @ 7:43 pm

Danielle, thanks for stopping by. I adore the aprons too 🙂

Magdalena — June 21, 2010 @ 2:12 pm

Thanks for sharing ! I prefer last one. I share all your thoughts about destroying clothes….especially shirts and T-shirts; a lot of them are stained with fruits, fresh vegetables and grease. I have a very old apron which will go into pieces soon, but sometimes I forget to put it on me. It is a time to get a new one!

• Delishhh replied: — June 24th, 2010 @ 7:44 pm

Madgalena – The last one is the winner that is the one i ordered!

Manzanita — June 22, 2010 @ 12:10 am

Ole. Your aprons are dancing around the kitchen with a Spanish flair. Ruffles and polka dots………. all traditionally Flamenco. Flamenco has been my life passion. I would be dancing while cooking, which is a great combination. Thank you for putting them into a post. They’re wonderful.

• Delishhh replied: — June 24th, 2010 @ 7:46 pm

Manzanita – Thanks for stopping by. I agree with you about the Spanish flair. Especially the first one. I just want to ware that one out dancing.

Holly — June 22, 2010 @ 12:51 pm

Contempo & Bib Carmen!! Bib Ava is adorable, too… but you know, black GOES with EVERYTHING!! HAH!! They are ALL SWEET!! Nice choices! (((HUGS)))

• Delishhh replied: — June 24th, 2010 @ 7:49 pm

Holly, i agree with you. That is the one that is on order. Thanks for stopping by!

AuntBee — June 23, 2010 @ 6:31 pm

I love them all. I am always drawn to the half aprons but I need a full apron-the upper half sticks out farther than the lower, if you know what I mean;) I have one very similar to #8 that I love but #10 is totally sexy (yes, i said sexy about an apron).

• Delishhh replied: — June 24th, 2010 @ 8:01 pm

AuntBee – I am with you. I ended up ordering the last apron there, the black one. Even with me wanting to get the first one and just dance around the house in it. Aprons can be sexy :).

Perfect Gifts for Him & Her — Delishhh — December 6, 2010 @ 2:04 am

[…] Sexy Apron starting at $18 – I recently did a whole section on Kitchen Fashion.  Here is the best selection for you. […]

Delishhh » Father’s Day Gift Ideas for Foodies 2011 — February 10, 2012 @ 8:01 pm

[…] Mother’s Day Gift Ideas 2010 Father’s Days Gift Ideas Kitchen Fashion – what to wear in the kitchen 2010 Perfect Gifts for Him & […]

Dwain — December 20, 2014 @ 1:55 am

Spot on with this write-up, I absolutely believe this amazing site needs much more attention. I’ll probably be back again to read through more, thanks for the advice!|