Sunday, January 23, 2011

Roquamole

For those in the US, Superbowl is coming up and we are all looking for some good finger food and some new dips.  I have a perfect new dip for you.

This recipe is awesome and really simple to make, it came from Nigella Lawson.  Definitely a great dip instead of just plane guacamole. This recipe bring guacamole and Rogufort, France’s premier blue cheese, together, and it is a union that really works.  You are welcome to use any blue cheese you want, it is really up to you.  The saltiness, the smoothness of avocado, and the hotness of jalapeños is just a great combination for a dip.

What are your plans for the superbowl?

Roquamole

Yields: serves 3-4 | Prep: 10 minutes

1 cup crumbled Roquefort or Saint Agur blue cheese
2 tbsp finely sliced green onions
¼ tsp paprika
¼ cup sour cream
2 ripe avocados
¼ cup sliced pickled green jalapeños from a jar

Crumble or mash the blue cheese with the sour cream in a bowl. Mash in the avocados. If they are ripe, a fork should be all you need. Roughly chop the sliced jalapeños and stir them into the mixture along with the finely sliced green onions.

Arrange in the center of a plate or dish, dust with paprika, and surround with tortilla chips or crackers.

Great Party Food:
Guacamole
Chicken Wings
Quiche Tartlettes
Vietnamese Spring Rolls

23 Responses to “Roquamole”

Michelle — January 23, 2011 @ 9:38 pm

WOW..such a unique recipe and so pretty too. A must try!

Sara — January 23, 2011 @ 10:18 pm

wow what a clever idea to combine Roquefort cheese & avacados! looks great!

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme — January 24, 2011 @ 6:22 am

When I saw Nigella make this dip, I thought WOW I have to try that. It sounds just fabulous. I’m having a chili party this Saturday night and it would be perfect to serve for appetizers. Thanks for reminding me about it.

carolinaheartstring — January 24, 2011 @ 6:34 am

Okay, I love blue cheese and guacamole, but would never have thought to put them together. This sounds so good.

Donna from Yumma Yumma — January 24, 2011 @ 7:01 am

Yumm!! I love any and all blue cheeses. I don’t even really care about the superbowl but I will watch if it gives me an excuse to make this dip! And my husband has a total crush on Nigella so if I tell him its from her, he’ll be in too! :)

France @beyondthepeel — January 24, 2011 @ 9:08 am

What a fun idea. I would have never thought to mix the two.

Sonia Barton — January 24, 2011 @ 9:21 am

MMMMMmmmm – you just brought together my two most favorite dips (I use blue cheese like ranch) and Guacamole. I’m printing this one out to add to my husbands stack of recipes.

Cajun Chef Ryan — January 24, 2011 @ 1:05 pm

How bout that taste twiste, blue cheese and avocado! Who knew! Thanks for sharing.

• Delishhh replied: — January 26th, 2011 @ 9:17 pm

Cajun Chef – you will love it. Try it out and let me know what you think.

Mary at n00bcakes — January 24, 2011 @ 1:53 pm

Whoa, this sounds fantastic! I’m a huge guacamole fan, and adding blue cheese really does sound like a great new twist to a common dip. Thanks for the recipe; I can’t wait to try it out!

• Delishhh replied: — January 26th, 2011 @ 9:17 pm

Mary – thanks for coming by. This is a fun and delicious dip. Let me know when you try it out and what you think.

Splendid Willow — January 24, 2011 @ 10:40 pm

Ohhhhhhh! Forger Superbowl. This I need to try! I will give you a report soon!

Warm hugs to you,

Mon

• Delishhh replied: — January 26th, 2011 @ 9:13 pm

Warm hugs to you !!!!

Megan — January 26, 2011 @ 8:15 am

I dont have any Superbowl plans yet, but this dip would be a good plan!

• Delishhh replied: — January 26th, 2011 @ 6:54 pm

Yeah i am not really excited about any of the teams but it is an excuse to have people over and watch some good commercials and eat some good food :)

Magdalena — January 29, 2011 @ 9:54 am

I know this preparation and I love it, too !

Heather Davis — January 31, 2011 @ 1:01 am

I’ve made this before and it is seriously yummy. Thanks for reminding me, it’s time I made it again!

anabel — February 1, 2011 @ 6:58 pm

Got to try this version of guacamole with blue cheese. I love guacamole.

Broccoli Shots — Delishhh — February 1, 2011 @ 9:54 pm

[...] Roquamole [...]

Renata — February 11, 2011 @ 9:53 pm

Absolutely fantastic idea! It’s on my list! Thanks for sharing!

Babka — Delishhh — January 24, 2012 @ 8:56 pm

[...] Year Ago: Roquamole // If you enjoyed this post, I’d truly appreciate a Comment, Tweet, Stumble, Facebook [...]

Delishhh » Asparagus Dip — February 11, 2012 @ 10:36 pm

[...] Party Food: Guacamole Chicken Wings Quiche Tartlettes Roquamole Posted by Delishhh on January 25, 2011 15 Comments »   You Might [...]

Delishhh » Blue Cheese and Bacon Dip — February 11, 2012 @ 10:40 pm