Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Asparagus Dip

Superbowl is almost here and everyone is looking for party food. Even if you are not interested in American Football this is a great dip.

I am a huge fan of warm dips, especially warm artichoke dips.  But I feel that I needed a new vegetable and I was really surprised how good this was, I enjoyed this much better than artichoke.

Hot dips are great for parties just add some crackers or baguette next to it and you will see big smiles of people’s faces.

This dip is warm, savory and creamy and the best part is it is simple to make.

This recipe can be heated in the microwave or baked in the oven.

I prefer the oven baked method because the browned top is nice and crisp with the warm runny dip below.

Either way works well so choose the method that works for you.

What are some of your warm vegetable dips that are not asparagus or artichoke, I would love to hear about it.

Asparagus Dip

Serves: 4-6 people | Prep: 20 minutes

1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
14 ounces of asparagus
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated

First clean the end of the asparagus and then boil the asparagus in water for 3 minutes.  After tree minutes, drain the asparagus and put into a cold water bath.

Using a food processor put the Parmesan cheese, garlic and cream cheese into the mixer and pulse a few times until everything is mixed.  Then add the asparagus and pulse a few times again.  Do you like it smooth keep mixing otherwise stop while it is chunky

Put this mixture into a microwave and oven save dish; sprinkle some more Parmesan cheese on top.

Microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through or in the oven for 350F for 10 minutes, or until the mixture is hot and bubbly and the top is browned.

Great Party Food:
Guacamole
Chicken Wings
Quiche Tartlettes
Roquamole

18 Responses to “Asparagus Dip”

Jane Bonacci - The Heritage Cook — January 26, 2011 @ 2:19 am

What a wonderful idea! This will be fantastic when the first asparagus shows up in the spring!

• Delishhh replied: — January 26th, 2011 @ 7:53 pm

Jane – Funny but we have asparagus showing up everywhere in the stores here. I am wondering if it is because it has been so warm here. . .we have had a great winter but then you probably have too in San Fran :) .

carolinaheartstring — January 26, 2011 @ 5:49 am

Okay, I have have have to make this one. It looks amazing!

• Delishhh replied: — January 26th, 2011 @ 6:54 pm

Carolina – When you do make it let me know what you think.

Fight the Fat Foodie — January 26, 2011 @ 10:10 am

Great recipe! So easy. I’ll be making this for Superbowl Sunday.

• Delishhh replied: — January 26th, 2011 @ 6:52 pm

Oh yeah, let me know how it comes out. What else are you making?

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme — January 26, 2011 @ 12:02 pm

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen an asparagus dip. But, since I just adore asparagus, I’m quite sure I’d love the dip as well. Might just make this for a party we’re hosting this weekend!

• Delishhh replied: — January 26th, 2011 @ 6:47 pm

Lana – I had not either until i tried it. I had an old artichoke recipe that was similar but with majo and artichoke. I just switched the majo to cream cheese and artichokes to asparagus. Did not realize how good it would be. Asparagus has a hint of sweetness and it just goes really well. I experimented with putting olives and capers in here too but i didn’t like it. Let me know what you think of the dip.

Joanne — January 26, 2011 @ 5:38 pm

Between your fabulous dip and the chili that I just posted, I have a feeling it’s going to be a fabulous superbowl…at least foodwise since I could care less about the game!

• Delishhh replied: — January 26th, 2011 @ 6:40 pm

Joanne – That chili is my kind of chili. WOW awesome stuff with meat and hot peppers just love it. I made small bowls of this dip and have been keep it in the refrigerator all week and having a small bowl as appetizer every day. Love it!

Megan — January 27, 2011 @ 7:20 am

Great use of asparagus!!!

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — January 27, 2011 @ 8:32 pm

What a brilliant idea to use asparagus instead of artichoke for a dip like this! I love how easy this is to make, the perfect comfort food: cheesy, warm goodness!

Barbara @moderncomfortfood — January 28, 2011 @ 2:55 am

What a wonderful twist on artichoke dip! Quick, easy, and sure to please the asparagus-loving Super Bowl crowd at my house. Yum!

Magdalena — January 29, 2011 @ 9:53 am

I bookmarked you recipe. I collect right now various recipes for dips and little sauces, so thanks for inspiration. I will have to wait anyway for the asparagus season, which starts in 4 months only :)

Blue Cheese and Bacon Dip — Delishhh — February 4, 2012 @ 1:43 pm

[...] Asparagus Dip [...]

Delishhh » White Bean Puree — February 11, 2012 @ 10:53 pm

[...] Party Food: Guacamole Chicken Wings Asparagus Dip Roquamole Posted by Delishhh on January 30, 2011 12 Comments »   [...]

Nicole @ Daily Dish Recipes — June 3, 2013 @ 5:04 am

Hi Ewa! I had your blog for SRC this month and this is the recipe I chose. It was fabulous! THanks so much for such a great, easy and delicious recipe!

Asparagus Dip - Daily Dish Recipes — October 6, 2014 @ 3:16 am

[...] it, Ewa has some amazing recipes but this Asparagus Dip caught our eye because we have about 5lbs of Asparagus to use up in the next few days, my garden is [...]