Sunday, January 30, 2011

White Bean Puree

All of us are always looking for good dips and appetizers, for parties or, Super Bowl, or just a snack for yourself.  This recipe is one of my favorites just to have as a snack in the afternoon.

Awhile ago I got addicted to this white bean puree at Whole Foods and every time I go I always pick it up but decided it was time to make it myself.  I have been trying a few different versions but found a similar recipe on the William’s Sonoma site and adjusted it to my liking.

I eat this dip with vegetables, crackers or even just spread it on bread.  The consistency is very similar to hummus and if you like hummus you will love this.

What is one of your favorite healthy snacks?

White Bean Puree

Yields: 24 servings | Prep: 15 minutes

1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 1/2 cups cooked white beans, or drained and rinsed canned beans
2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved into strips with a vegetable peeler, for garnish
Paprika for sprinkle

In a small fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and pour into a liquid measuring cup.

In a food processor, combine the white beans, rosemary and lemon juice. Pulse until the beans are partially pureed, 5 to 10 seconds. With the motor running, pour in the garlic oil and process until a smooth puree forms, 5 to 10 seconds more. Season with salt and pepper.

Serve as a dip with vegetables or crackers.  Or spread the puree on crackers or slices of baquette and garnish with a shaving of the cheese and sprinkle with paprika.

Great Party Food:
Guacamole
Chicken Wings
Asparagus Dip
Roquamole

13 Responses to “White Bean Puree”

Tweets that mention White Bean Puree — Delishhh -- Topsy.com — January 30, 2011 @ 10:12 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by mary lou ricci and Delishhh, bizchickblogs.com. bizchickblogs.com said: RT @Delishhh White Bean Puree http://bit.ly/eeImon #bcbnetwork [...]

Cookin' Canuck — January 31, 2011 @ 5:48 am

Perfect healthy snack for game day. The white bean/rosemary combination is one of my favorites.

Splendid Willow — January 31, 2011 @ 7:21 am

Oh, I like this! Very me! Must try!!!

Warm hugs to you my friend.

Mon

Maria — January 31, 2011 @ 7:23 am

Great snack or party food!

Cajun Chef Ryan — January 31, 2011 @ 9:10 am

This looks great, and gives me ideas for using other beans too, like red!

carolinaheartstring — January 31, 2011 @ 11:24 am

These look really good! Thanks for sharing this one in time for the big game.

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme — January 31, 2011 @ 11:54 am

Very similar to a white bean dip I make. Very, very good flavors!

Joanne — February 1, 2011 @ 4:20 am

I am a HUGE fan of white bean dip and this sounds delicious!

Maddie — February 1, 2011 @ 9:40 am

Love all the Super Bowl-ready dip ideas you’ve been featuring! This one sounds right up my alley, too…I love that it’s protein-y and filling, rather than just a heavy fat bomb like so many dips can be. Consider this bookmarked, Ewa! :)

Janell Beals — February 1, 2011 @ 3:52 pm

I love hummus and will give this a try, looks healthy and hearty for a cold day! Janell

The Best Ribs — Delishhh — January 30, 2012 @ 5:01 am

[...] Year Ago: White Bean Puree /* If you enjoyed this post, I’d truly appreciate a Comment, Tweet, Stumble, Facebook [...]

Blue Cheese and Bacon Dip — Delishhh — February 4, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

[...] White Bean Dip [...]

coltonklgomez.jigsy.com — September 28, 2014 @ 2:33 pm

I’d like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this website.
    I really hope to see the same high-grade blog posts by
    you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get
    my own blog now ;)