Monday, June 27, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

I can’t believe that I have not posted blueberry muffins on here. I love blueberry muffins and think everyone should have one good basic recipe; this one is a great basic blueberry muffins recipe.

As I started writing this I realized that I have not posted here for a week, time just flies. I have no idea where this week went. I was so busy with trying to get my yard organized for summer, my regular work, putting together midsummer celebrations, and life in general, that I had no time to post. But during the week I did make blueberry muffins with ricotta. This recipe you can use sour cream, yogurt or ricotta for your muffins and they turn out great with any of the variations. Even during busy times I somehow always have time for cooking.

I hope everyone had a great midsummer weekend.

Blueberry Muffins

Adapted from: Brown Eyed Baker

Yields: 12 muffins | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Bake Time 25-30 minutes

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
1 cup granulated sugar
4 tbsp (2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1¼ cups sour cream, plain yogurt or ricotta
1½ cups fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin (or line with paper liners) and set aside.

Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl untill combined. Whisk the egg in a separate medium bowl until well-combined and light-colored, about 20 seconds. Add the sugar and whisk vigorously until thick, about 30 seconds. Add the melted butter in 2 or 3 additions, whisking to combine after each addition. Add the sour cream/yogurt or ricotta in 2 additions, whisking just to combine, and then add the lemon zest.

Add the berries to the dry ingredients and gently toss just to combine. Add the sour cream, yogurt or ricotta mixture and fold with a rubber spatula until the batter comes together and the berries are evenly distributed, 25 to 30 seconds. Small spots of flour may remain and the batter will be very thick. Do not overmix.

Using a large spoon or a cookie scoop sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, divide the batter amount the muffin cups. Bake until the muffins are light golden brown and a toothpick or thin knife inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating the pan from front to back halfway through the baking time. Immediately remove muffins to a wire rack and cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve immediately or at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.

One Year Ago: Chocolate Pavlovas and Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse

38 Responses to “Blueberry Muffins”

kankana — June 27, 2011 @ 9:13 pm

I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t like muffins with blueberries. They are my fav for sure :) These look lovely.

Maris(In Good Taste) — June 28, 2011 @ 12:44 am

So beautiful. Wish I could reach in and grab it!

Katarina — June 28, 2011 @ 3:15 am

Lovely muffins! I like the combination of blueberries and lemon!

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — June 28, 2011 @ 3:42 am

Love the tops on those, you’re right having a good blueberry muffin recipe like this on hand is always a good idea.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — June 28, 2011 @ 3:47 am

these are so beautiful! i like adding a little pat of butter on the top of mine…but just plain is perfect too :)

Faith — June 28, 2011 @ 6:47 am

I love berries muffins and those look so cute and delicious. I bet they tasted great.

Splendid Willow — June 28, 2011 @ 7:02 am

No need to look for another recipe. This is the one! And we will be trying it today!!!

Warm hugs to you,

Mon

Nami @ Just One Cookbook — June 28, 2011 @ 2:07 pm

You always make baked goods more appealing. Whenever I find several muffins, blueberry is always my first choice. Yours look much much better than what I normally eat. Delicious!

carolinaheartstrings — June 28, 2011 @ 4:30 pm

I just bought 3 pints of blueberries This is the recipe for me! Thanks for sharing.

Chryzel@eyelashgrowthinfo.com — June 28, 2011 @ 7:06 pm

Beautiful muffins! I love muffins! I’m so excited to try your blueberry muffins recipe! This is a great munch for the 4th of July!

Shelby — June 29, 2011 @ 1:35 am

That photo just bursting with blueberries makes me just want to reach right in and grab it! Yum!

La Phemme Phoodie — June 29, 2011 @ 5:33 am

Looks like the muffin is bursting with blueberries. So tempting. Blueberries are coming into season in this area. This recipe looks like a great way to put the blueberries to good use.

cookingrookie — June 29, 2011 @ 5:36 am

Yum, I love the photo with the black plate, so many muffins at once :-)

Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} — June 29, 2011 @ 7:59 am

Wow! My kids absolutely love blueberry muffins but I have not found a recipe that I really love. I can’t wait to try yours!

Cookin' Canuck — June 29, 2011 @ 1:31 pm

It looks as though these are packed with blueberries. I’m sure they taste fantastic!

sippitysup — June 29, 2011 @ 1:36 pm

That’s a blueberry mouthful! GREG

Roxana GreenGirl — June 29, 2011 @ 7:32 pm

these muffins are full of blueberries. I love them!
    I’ve tried adding yogurt and sour cream to muffin batter but don’t recall adding ricotta. Thanks for the idea!

Nicole @ itsfeedingtimeatthezoo — June 30, 2011 @ 2:06 am

I really like the idea of the ricotta. I love ricotta in baking, it’s so delicious.

Eliana — June 30, 2011 @ 7:36 am

This is blueberry perfecttion! Wish I had had one of these for breakfast this morning instead of my boring cereal.

Sasha @ The Procrastobaker — June 30, 2011 @ 11:24 am

mmm these look so jammed with berries i bet each mouthful is down right delicious :) you have caused me to have a major blueberry muffin craving right now!

Elizabeth@theticketsite.net — June 30, 2011 @ 11:56 pm

It looks very delicious! Muffin with full of blueberries! Yummy! Thank you for this great recipe. :)

Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) — July 1, 2011 @ 10:11 pm

These muffins look amazing, Ewa. I love blueberry muffins :)

Kelly — July 2, 2011 @ 6:46 am

Those muffins look yummier than any blueberry muffins I have ever seen! Hope mine come out 1/2 as good!

Keisha@marshalfirth.com — July 4, 2011 @ 1:28 am

Wow this looks very delicious! Perfect for this 4th of July celebration. Happy 4th of July everyone! Have a great day!

Rachel — July 10, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

These look AMAZING!

tasteofbeirut — August 15, 2011 @ 4:44 am

Just thinking about these! Yours look so moist and chockful of blueberries! I was reading a pastry book by the former chef at the White house, and he says he beats the egg whites separately for these.

Erika — September 3, 2011 @ 10:26 pm

These honestly look amazing!! I might just have to try ‘em out.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I featured you on my blog, Blogs to Know (www.blogstoknow.blogspot.com). If you want me to delete it, I’d be more than happy to!

Fannie Carter — December 11, 2011 @ 8:58 pm

I love this post so much!!I have found it very helpful…Thanks a lot for letting us know about it… Beautiful muffins! Delicious!

Dolores Arnold — December 11, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

I can’t wait to try yours! Just thinking about these!

Amelia — January 7, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

Hi there!
    I tried this recipe, and I’m so pleased with the result!

Julie — March 3, 2012 @ 9:39 am

Hi Deelishhh! Just made these muffins this morning and they were SO, SO good! As scrumptious as they look. Looking forward to trying more of your recipes.

-a new fan in Ottawa, ON

Nat — May 5, 2012 @ 10:05 pm

Nice recipe :) I love blueberry muffins… Such a great snack.
    Here’s another recipe you might like.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Nat

50 Blueberry Recipes » Delishhh — August 15, 2012 @ 10:05 am

[...] Maple Bran Muffins – Once Upon A Chef Blueberry Muffins – Delishhh Blueberry Orange Yogurt Muffins – Gingerbread Bagels Blueberry Quinoa Pecan [...]

Christie Patton — March 9, 2013 @ 7:32 pm

these muffins are full of blueberries. Wish I could reach in and grab it! If you want me to delete it, I’d be more than happy to! mmm these look so jammed with berries i bet each mouthful is down right delicious you have caused me to have a major blueberry muffin craving right now!

KT — May 4, 2013 @ 12:09 pm

Just made these and they are really good. I used frozen blueberries and baked them in mini-muffin tins. I would give this recipe 5 stars! Thanks for sharing!

• Delishhh replied: — May 5th, 2013 @ 12:59 pm

KT – Thank you so much for the feedback, always love to hear back from my readers!

Liz — October 7, 2013 @ 7:12 am

Nice recipe. Thank you.

dj — June 11, 2014 @ 4:59 am

making these now-my muffin pan is medium size,so I will have way more than 12 muffins. I kept noshing the raw dough, and it is so very good!