Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Berry Smoothie

Smoothies to me are so versatile.  You can have them for breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner or dessert. They are perfect for after workouts too.  You can really add anything you want to your smoothie and it is pretty hard to make it taste bad.  Usually this type of smoothie with milk, yogurt, honey and some fruit is my favorite.  Once you have your basics down you can add any fruit you want.  I usually always have a banana and then just add what ever fruit i have in the fridge or freezer.

What is your favorite smoothie?

Berry Smoothie

Adapted from: Horizon Dairy

Yield:s 16 Ounces | Prep Time: 10 Minutes

12 tbsp Horizon Organic fat-free plain yogurt
½ cup fresh strawberries
½ cup fresh blueberries
½ cup Horizon Organic milk
½ banana
1 tbsp honey
¼ tsp vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. For thicker consistency you can use frozen fruit. You can also add some ice as well.

One Year Ago: The Best Minestrone

9 Responses to “Berry Smoothie”

Katarina — September 1, 2011 @ 2:11 am

Your smoothie looks delicious! I like to have banana, strawberries, avocado, quark and milk in mine :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — September 1, 2011 @ 4:16 am

yum! i love the side of the umbrella too…those things are so stinking cute!

Katherine Martinelli — September 1, 2011 @ 4:23 am

This looks so good! And it reminds me to start making smoothies. I always have the ingredients in my fridge, I just need to pull out the blender!

Faith — September 1, 2011 @ 7:55 am

Wow.. Isn’t this a drop of hesven or what? Love this berry smoothie. It’s very healthy and looks great for this time of year! better go and make some. Love the pictures.

Splendid Willow — September 1, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

Hi girlie,

I make them several times a week. And your recipe reads like mine (I use agave instead of honey)! Sometimes I sneak an avocado into the mix, makes it more frothy but they kids can’t even tell it is there!

Happy labor weekend to you lovely Ewa!

ox, Mon

Marla — September 3, 2011 @ 5:32 am

Yay! I love your super vibrant & healthy smoothie! I would love if you added this and any other links to my “Happy Post” today. http://su.pr/1bZ8fp

carolinaheartstrings — September 6, 2011 @ 2:09 pm

We love smoothies at our house and this one looks fantastic.

Magic of Spice — September 8, 2011 @ 1:45 pm

This looks so cool and delicious, and it’s so hot out right now would love this :)

A Celebration with Rolo Pretzel Turtles and Giveaway + 20% Off » Delishhh — August 30, 2012 @ 5:03 am

[...] Year Ago: Berry Smoothie Two Years Ago: Basil [...]