Friday, September 30, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

October is almost here and i am starting to think of Pumpkin.   It used to be i hated pumpkin, but i still have no idea why but one day i just seemed to like it and now i love it.  I have no idea why.  It was time for me to start the season with a Pumpkin Bread and i found this amazing Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread.  It’s simple, very pumpkiny, spciy and just tasty.  All the flavors come out perfectly in this bread.  Even the frosting is spiced up.  You will not be dissapointed with this recipe.

Looking for other pumpkin or squash ideas for October?  Here is a short list of my favorites:

What are some of your favorite pumpkin recipes?  Please share a link with me in the comment.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

Adapted from: Horizon Dairy

Yields: 1 Loaf | Prep Time: 25 Minutes | Bake Time: 65 – 75 Minutes

1 3/4 cups unbleached flour (you may substitute up to 3/4 cup whole wheat flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 cup Horizon Organic unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 large Horizon Organic eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1-2 tsp Horizon Organic milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour one 9×5-inch loaf pan. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt and spices. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined. Add flour mixture alternately with pumpkin, mixing well between each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes, until loaf feels firm and springy when pressed in the center and a tester inserted comes out clean (except for melted chocolate chips). Cool in pan for 15 minutes then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. To prepare glaze, sift powdered sugar with nutmeg and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add milk until mixture is thin enough to drizzle. Pour glaze over cool bread. Bread will keep well wrapped at room temperature for two days, in the refrigerator for five days, or in the freezer for up to four months.

One Year Ago: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting

15 Responses to “Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread”

Katherine Martinelli — October 1, 2011 @ 12:49 am

Such a great recipe! My mother-in-law makes pumpkin chocolate chip mini muffins that are my absolute favorite. I’ll have to try it in loaf form like this!

chinmayie @ love food eat — October 1, 2011 @ 5:58 am

Sounds delish! Too many pumpkin recipes in the blogging world! I want some of this now!!

My German Kitchen...in the Rockies — October 1, 2011 @ 7:44 am

Love this pumpkin bread! I just made Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls. Here is the link:
    Fall just calls for pumpkin. I will take your recipe to try. Thanks!

Faith — October 1, 2011 @ 10:31 am

Sounds yummy. Never tried this before but the pictures talk about themselves. Great job.

Oh, It's Just Perfect! — October 2, 2011 @ 5:49 pm

Oh wow. I’m not going to be able to thinking of anything else until I make this! I am all about the pumpkin :)

Splendid Willow — October 3, 2011 @ 5:44 am

You have been baking a lot of lovely things lately! Make sure there are some left when I stop by tomorrow! (:

Lovely styling too.

Hugs

Mon

Tina@flourtrader — October 3, 2011 @ 10:45 am

I like the fact there is no brown sugar in here, that way there is a much clearer taste of the pumpkin as well as the chips. The bread does have a nice light appearance also. Well done.

Nami | Just One Cookbook — October 3, 2011 @ 3:28 pm

Oohh pumpkin and chocolate chip, that sounds like a nice combination. Oh yes it doesn’t look like it would disappoint me at all, Ewa! Looking so good and delicious!

Paula — October 4, 2011 @ 1:28 am

I’m bookmarking this post for use later this month when pumpkins are for sale in the shops. So many people carve them out and waste the flesh which is a shame.

Anna — October 4, 2011 @ 1:33 am

I have not had much experience mixing choco chip with pumpkin. Your recipe looks really delicious though and very perfect for the pumpkin season!A must try…

Juliana — October 4, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

This bread looks delicious…pumpkin and chocolate chips…perfect for this time of the year.
    Hope you are having a great day :-)

carolinaheartstrings — October 4, 2011 @ 2:21 pm

That looks so fantastic. I love pumpkin anything. T his is a must try.

Kankana — October 4, 2011 @ 2:41 pm

Pumpkin is all around the world.. and I can honestly never get enough of it. It’s one of my fav vegetable ever since I was a child.

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — October 4, 2011 @ 5:29 pm

That sounds pretty terrific! The one thing I love about fall is pumpkin and all those fall spices.

Jason — October 13, 2011 @ 5:04 pm

Looks a great recipe. I can imagine the pumpkin and chocolate chip go well together. Recently got a new oven so am able to bake bread again after a long time.