Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cranberry Bread

I went to the store and saw a bunch of cranberries and pumpkins and I couldn’t decide what to get – I have been eating tons of pumpkin so I guess it was time to switch to cranberries.  And what could not be a better things to start with than a cranberry bread.

You can use dried or frozen cranberries for this recipe, you can also use orange juice instead or orange peel.  I decided to go with lemon since I wanted it a little more tart.

If you are using a food processor to chop your nuts and cranberries make sure you only pulse a few times.  I would recommend chopping by hand.

This bread is fantastic, tangy, slightly sweet bread, lemony, with a occasional explosions of cranberry tartness, with some crunchy walnuts.

Cranberry Bread

3/4 cup cranberry juice
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
1 tsp vanilla extract

Pre-heat oven to 350°F.

Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the chopped cranberries and walnuts to coat with the flour mixture.

Mix together cranberry, sugar, butter, egg, vanilla and lemon peel. Add to flour, cranberry, nut mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended.

Pour into a greased 9×5 or 8×4 loaf pan. Bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes or until done (a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).

Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.

One Year Ago:  Thai Curry Squash Soup

17 Responses to “Cranberry Bread”

Heather (Heather's Dish) — October 17, 2011 @ 4:17 am

we used to have cranberry bread all the time…how did i ever forget about it?! looks amazing!

chinmayie @ love food eat — October 17, 2011 @ 4:21 am

Yummy! There are no cranberries in India ( I could buy them imported) But i think I can substitute them with some other fruit and bake this :)

Maggie — October 17, 2011 @ 5:32 am

My mother makes a cranberry bread very much like this! Definitely one of my favorite comfort foods. :)

Juliana — October 17, 2011 @ 2:24 pm

Wow, this bread sounds and looks amazing, cranberries and walnuts…very colorful and so tasty.
    Hope you have a great week and thanks for this yummie recipe :-)

Splendid Willow — October 18, 2011 @ 5:53 am

I ate a big chunk of your bread! Swallowed it in 3 seconds, if you noticed! Very yummy!

Let me now how the lights in the formal living room turn out.

Love,

Mon

Barbara | Creative Culinary — October 18, 2011 @ 7:11 am

I love this combination of flavors and it’s a favorite of mine to put into holiday gift packages I make for neighbors. Cranberries just scream holiday for me!

carolinaheartstrings — October 18, 2011 @ 11:40 am

That looks so tasty. Great picture. Come visit. We have an awesome pumpkin panna cotta to share.

Kankana — October 18, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

I never made Cranberry bread but i love that fruit all the time. I am it tastes awsm.

Virag The Escapist mom — October 19, 2011 @ 1:54 am

This looks very-very juicy and tasty! Do you think that I can bake this in a bake machine?

spiceblogger — October 19, 2011 @ 5:13 am

Mmmm Cranberries are a Fab Fall Food! and a good alternative to pumpkin–which I’ve been consuming so much of that I may just be turning orange! LOL
    Thanks for the recipe. I will have to add this to my holiday baking list.

–shelley

Linda — October 20, 2011 @ 9:49 am

My parents always love to visit me since they know I always prepare something special for them to eat. Cranberry breads are one of their favorites. I like the ingredients. I will have fun baking this and I know my parents will love this recipe.

Katherine Martinelli — October 22, 2011 @ 6:10 am

This is right up my alley! It looks amazing.

Faith — October 24, 2011 @ 7:30 am

Wow.. this really fits any taste. It looks wonderful. I love the texture and how moist it looks!

Have a great week ahead.

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — October 25, 2011 @ 12:40 am

Very fall like flavors. I really enjoy making quick breads like this during the holiday season.

Ruvell — October 29, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

Shiver me timbers, them’s some great ifnomartion.

wddbmb — November 4, 2011 @ 6:57 am

3VN3Mc bcxgcpytxjcj

German Chocolate Cupcakes with Espresso Frosting — October 14, 2012 @ 9:01 pm

[...] Year Ago: Cranberry Bread Two Years Ago: Salted Caramel Brownies Posted by Delishhh on October 14, 2012 Leave a Comment [...]