Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pumpkin Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies changed my life.  Not really, but they were my first step toward liking pumpkin.  I used to hate pumpkin until I tasted these Pumpkin Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies.  We used to go to an annual wine tasting/swapping party at a friends house every year.  Someone always brought these cookies – I really didn’t know they were pumpkin and just started eating them and thought they were delicious – fluffy, spicy and minty.  Then when they told me it was pumpkin I was really surprised.  After that I tried other pumpkin things and started to really like it and today I am addicted.

Here is the recipe to the famous pumpkin mint cookies, they are minty and you are probably thinking pumpkin and mint, hmm that is a strange combination – but these are delicious.

It can be hard to find mint chocolate chips but I order them on Amazon.com.  Also in this picture I added a few white chocolate just for fun.

Other exciting news today is that I have 3 months to go with my pregnancy – time is flying by!

Pumpkin Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

½ tsp salt
1 tsp peppermint extract
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup mint chocolate chips

Turn oven onto 350F

Mix sugar, butter and egg in a mixer until fluffy.  In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt and set aside.  Then in a third bowl mix the peppermint, vanilla, pumpkin and mint chocolate chips.  Then mix the three bowls together into one just until combined.

Using a tsp add these cookies with an inch apart on a cookies sheet with parchment paper or silicon liner. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.

One Year Ago: Turkey Stuffing

25 Responses to “Pumpkin Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies”

Splendid Willow — November 14, 2011 @ 7:23 am

You bake – I eat! (:

That baby of yours is going to grow up on some really good food!

Warm hugs,

Mon

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — November 15, 2011 @ 1:56 am

Now that’s a combination I would never have thought about! I’m dying to know what they taste like together now.

Lucy — November 15, 2011 @ 9:54 am

Wow, I’ve never heard of such an interesting cookie concoction before. Sounds like something I would love.

Katherine Martinelli — November 15, 2011 @ 10:04 am

I have definitely never considered pumpkin and mint, but I must say I’m intrigued!

Magic of Spice — November 15, 2011 @ 10:22 am

What a brilliant combination! These are amazing :)

Juliana — November 15, 2011 @ 5:34 pm

Oh! These cookies are so different…pumpkin and peppermint, really sounds Holiday :-)
    Hope you are having a wonderful week and thanks for this recipe!

carolinaheartstrings — November 15, 2011 @ 6:10 pm

Heaven help me the perfect flavors. Cannot wait to try this cookie. Come visit us. We have a terrific mulled cider recipe and a legacy cookbook.

Nikki — November 16, 2011 @ 3:07 am

I love cookies but i have never tried eating a cookie out of pumpkin. It kind of make me think that any vegetables can be used to make a cookie. That can be a good idea though and a healthy one.

kitchenriffs — November 16, 2011 @ 10:05 am

Wow, what a great idea! That’s a combination I haven’t tried, but it sounds awesome. Thanks for a wonderful idea!

marla — November 16, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

I have never paired pumpkin and mint but I love the idea of this :)

Nami | Just One Cookbook — November 16, 2011 @ 10:54 pm

Someone who made this first batch of cookies are brave to try this unique combination of cookie ingredients! I can’t imagine the whole taste of pumpkin + mint chocolate chip. But I believe you – it must be good. Wait, it sounds like Thanksgiving and Christmas together… haha. Really, just 3 months left? That will be fast….hang in there! You have all good excuse to eat a lot this holiday season!

Beth — November 17, 2011 @ 10:39 am

It does sound like an unusual combination, but sometimes the least likely pairings sound great! Thanks for sharing. (PS hope you’re feeing well!)

Ryan Boudreaux — November 17, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

Amazing how what seems like strange combinations of ingredients turns out to be amazing flavors!

Bon appetit!
    CCR
    =:~)

Rosa — November 18, 2011 @ 1:51 am

Those must be delicious and so smooth!

Chers,

Rosa

Angie@Angiesrecipes — November 18, 2011 @ 9:30 pm

Those pumpkin cookies with mint chocolate chips sound and look fantastic!

Kankana — November 19, 2011 @ 1:33 am

I like pumpkin a lot but the husband will always make a face! May be these will do that same magic on him as it did to you!
    I didn;t know you were pregnant .. congrats :)

• Delishhh replied: — November 21st, 2011 @ 2:41 pm

Thanks! Due in less than 12 weeks pretty excited!

Squash Salad with Oranges and Olives — November 12, 2012 @ 6:00 am

[...] Year Ago: Pumpkin Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Two Years Ago: Turkey Stuffing Print PDF Posted by Delishhh on November 12, 2012 Leave a [...]

http://www.primegroupfoods.com — May 19, 2014 @ 4:37 am

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend
    your site, how could i subscribe for a blog website?
    The account aided me a applicable deal. I were a little
    bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered brilliant
    transparent concept

domain — September 9, 2014 @ 11:03 am

Wonderful post! We are linking to this great content on our site.

Keep up the good writing.

minecraft server hosting — September 21, 2014 @ 6:31 am

I am now not certain where you’re getting your info, but good
    topic. I must spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for excellent information I was on the lookout
    for this info for my mission.

minecraft host — September 21, 2014 @ 8:07 pm

Great blog here! Additionally your site quite a bit up fast!

What host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your affiliate
    hyperlink on your host? I desire my website loaded up as fast as yours lol

youtube.com — September 22, 2014 @ 1:19 am

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear.
    Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to
    say wonderful blog!

Mario Krain — December 9, 2014 @ 10:16 am

greetings from the united states boy, you actually made my afternoon with this habbo coins crack

finance — March 20, 2015 @ 11:11 am

If you want to know the crystal clear details it is better
    to view just about any online store web sites explaining the actual product or
    service information using elements. There are
    hundreds to choose from, allowing you the choice of matching the
    type with your own health and fitness goals. Having said that, the study has shown that
    just about anything that can maximize the metabolism, also can raise the weight
    reduction even if the human being is just resting.