Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pumpkin Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies changed my life.  Not really, but they were my first step toward liking pumpkin.  I used to hate pumpkin until I tasted these Pumpkin Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies.  We used to go to an annual wine tasting/swapping party at a friends house every year.  Someone always brought these cookies – I really didn’t know they were pumpkin and just started eating them and thought they were delicious – fluffy, spicy and minty.  Then when they told me it was pumpkin I was really surprised.  After that I tried other pumpkin things and started to really like it and today I am addicted.

Here is the recipe to the famous pumpkin mint cookies, they are minty and you are probably thinking pumpkin and mint, hmm that is a strange combination – but these are delicious.

It can be hard to find mint chocolate chips but I order them on Amazon.com.  Also in this picture I added a few white chocolate just for fun.

Other exciting news today is that I have 3 months to go with my pregnancy – time is flying by!

Pumpkin Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

½ tsp salt
1 tsp peppermint extract
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup mint chocolate chips

Turn oven onto 350F

Mix sugar, butter and egg in a mixer until fluffy.  In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt and set aside.  Then in a third bowl mix the peppermint, vanilla, pumpkin and mint chocolate chips.  Then mix the three bowls together into one just until combined.

Using a tsp add these cookies with an inch apart on a cookies sheet with parchment paper or silicon liner. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.

One Year Ago: Turkey Stuffing

19 Responses to “Pumpkin Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies”

Splendid Willow — November 14, 2011 @ 7:23 am

You bake – I eat! (:

That baby of yours is going to grow up on some really good food!

Warm hugs,

Mon

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — November 15, 2011 @ 1:56 am

Now that’s a combination I would never have thought about! I’m dying to know what they taste like together now.

Lucy — November 15, 2011 @ 9:54 am

Wow, I’ve never heard of such an interesting cookie concoction before. Sounds like something I would love.

Katherine Martinelli — November 15, 2011 @ 10:04 am

I have definitely never considered pumpkin and mint, but I must say I’m intrigued!

Magic of Spice — November 15, 2011 @ 10:22 am

What a brilliant combination! These are amazing :)

Juliana — November 15, 2011 @ 5:34 pm

Oh! These cookies are so different…pumpkin and peppermint, really sounds Holiday :-)
    Hope you are having a wonderful week and thanks for this recipe!

carolinaheartstrings — November 15, 2011 @ 6:10 pm

Heaven help me the perfect flavors. Cannot wait to try this cookie. Come visit us. We have a terrific mulled cider recipe and a legacy cookbook.

Nikki — November 16, 2011 @ 3:07 am

I love cookies but i have never tried eating a cookie out of pumpkin. It kind of make me think that any vegetables can be used to make a cookie. That can be a good idea though and a healthy one.

kitchenriffs — November 16, 2011 @ 10:05 am

Wow, what a great idea! That’s a combination I haven’t tried, but it sounds awesome. Thanks for a wonderful idea!

marla — November 16, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

I have never paired pumpkin and mint but I love the idea of this :)

Nami | Just One Cookbook — November 16, 2011 @ 10:54 pm

Someone who made this first batch of cookies are brave to try this unique combination of cookie ingredients! I can’t imagine the whole taste of pumpkin + mint chocolate chip. But I believe you – it must be good. Wait, it sounds like Thanksgiving and Christmas together… haha. Really, just 3 months left? That will be fast….hang in there! You have all good excuse to eat a lot this holiday season!

Beth — November 17, 2011 @ 10:39 am

It does sound like an unusual combination, but sometimes the least likely pairings sound great! Thanks for sharing. (PS hope you’re feeing well!)

Ryan Boudreaux — November 17, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

Amazing how what seems like strange combinations of ingredients turns out to be amazing flavors!

Bon appetit!
    CCR
    =:~)

Rosa — November 18, 2011 @ 1:51 am

Those must be delicious and so smooth!

Chers,

Rosa

Angie@Angiesrecipes — November 18, 2011 @ 9:30 pm

Those pumpkin cookies with mint chocolate chips sound and look fantastic!

Kankana — November 19, 2011 @ 1:33 am

I like pumpkin a lot but the husband will always make a face! May be these will do that same magic on him as it did to you!
    I didn;t know you were pregnant .. congrats :)

• Delishhh replied: — November 21st, 2011 @ 2:41 pm

Thanks! Due in less than 12 weeks pretty excited!

Squash Salad with Oranges and Olives — November 12, 2012 @ 6:00 am

[...] Year Ago: Pumpkin Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Two Years Ago: Turkey Stuffing Print PDF Posted by Delishhh on November 12, 2012 Leave a [...]

http://www.primegroupfoods.com — May 19, 2014 @ 4:37 am

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend
    your site, how could i subscribe for a blog website?
    The account aided me a applicable deal. I were a little
    bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered brilliant
    transparent concept