Not only do we host during the holiday season but we go to others for the holidays, if it is a cocktail party, holiday party, Christmas party or new years party one is always wondering what to bring to the hostess. 99% of the time most people bring a bottle of wine since that is pretty safe. But why not get a little creative and bring one of these items for your hostess during the holiday season, I would love to get any of these items.
What do you usually bring to the hostess?
Also here is a list of other gift ideas from previous years.
- Salted Caramels from Jon Boy – $8.99. – TheseSeattle made caramels are amazing. They are made with local cream, organic sugar, fleur de sel and organic brown-rice syrup by former local Whole Foods employee Jonathan Sue and business partner Jason Alm, these little boxes of 15 or so caramels pack in a whole lot of happiness. Today they are only selling these locally inSeattle, but you can get them online, and let me tell you, your hostess will not be disappointed.
- Black Tea Assortment Gift Tin from Mighty Leaf – $17.56 – This is my favorite tea these days and I always order my tea from there. You can get all kinds of flavors and always very good.
- Infused Truffle Olive Oil – $23.95 – I think this is a great gift, we all use olive oil and sometimes I have a hard time buying myself some fancy olive oil and always end up with the basic. However, I love getting this as s gift.
- Made in America Cookbook – $27.70 – An amazing cookbook which is a celebration of the contemporary American food landscape. 100 recipes by world’s leading chefs. Each recipe is enhanced with an introduction that includes the background and origin of the dish and a unique profile of the chef who has undertaken it, as well as sumptuous photographs of the dish, chef, and restaurant. Great cookbook for a chef at home.
- Eggs/Snaps Cups – $29 – Why not get something very Swedish from Splendidwillow Avenue with a set of adorable Egg cups. Every breakfast table/tray deserves some fancy egg cups.
- Cucina Hand Soap Set – $42 – Love this soap in the kitchen. They come in all different flavors. The scents are always refreshing and softens hands while bringing a Mediterranean touch to the surrounding decor of your kitchen.
- Cote Bastide Amber Crystal Potpourri – $42 – When you open this they look like a mix of amber and sea glass. Almost like brining a box of gemstones but with amazing scent.
- Italian Herb Garden – $49.95 – What a great idea to have a little herb garden inside your house during the winter season. I always forget to transfer mine inside.
- Truffles from Fran’s Chocolate – $50.00 – These amazing truffles makes anyone happy. A complete assortment of handmade truffles and award-winning salt caramels. These are my new favorite chocolates on order. I received these as a gift last year for Christmas and they were delicious. Today if I want to send chocolates as a gift I go to Fran’s, perfect hostess gift.
- Laurent-Perrier Brut Rose with Gift Box – $59.99 – Laurent-Perrier Rose is the best-selling roseChampagne in the world and it is one of the few roses still made by the traditional “saignee” method. Fabulous Champagne to give to your hostess.
One Year Ago: Swedish Christmas Glögg (Sweet Christmas Wine)