Saturday, February 4, 2012

Blue Cheese and Bacon Dip

Need a last minute dip idea?  I just tried this Blue Cheese and Bacon dip and love it and it is so simple to make.  Love the blue cheese and bacon flavor together.  I hope everyone will have a great Superbowl Sunday.  The first place i lived in when i moved to the US was Boston, i went to school in Boston, I met my husband in Boston – so that town is special to me and will always be.  The Patriots are who i am cheering for!

Blue Cheese and Bacon Dip

Adapted from: MyRecipes

Yields: 10 | Prep Time: 15 minutes

2 strips of thick bacon (2 oz.) chopped
1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, divided
1/4 tsp black pepper

Cook bacon in a frying pan over high heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel. Pulse in a food processor to make fine crumbs and put in a serving bowl.

Mix together yogurt, cheese, 1/2 tsp. rosemary, and pepper in food processor.  Then add the bacon and mix.  Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. rosemary.  Serve with your favorite vegetables, chips or crackers.

Some of my other favorite Dips:

Other finger food:

One Year AgoHard Meringues

7 Responses to “Blue Cheese and Bacon Dip”

Deanna — February 4, 2012 @ 1:21 pm

Yum! Blue cheese and bacon are total BFFs. Too bad I’m skipping the Super Bowl to go eat at restaurants I can’t normally get a reservation at.

Splendid Willow — February 5, 2012 @ 10:35 am

I stand behind the Patriots – just because you are! (I could care less about Superbowl). I will be off to the side wolfing down your Blue Cheese dip! Ha!

Say hi to Hubby.

ox, Mon

Magic of Spice — February 5, 2012 @ 10:39 am

What a fantastic dip! This would be a huge hit around here :)

Anna @ the shady pine — February 5, 2012 @ 11:51 am

The dip looks like a real winner and with those gorgeous looking crackers I bet it was a big hit!

Maegan — February 6, 2012 @ 7:58 pm

Thanks for the recipe! I love the combination of yogurt and cheese. And aside from that this is also very healthy, so we don’t have to watch over our diet.

Divina — February 8, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

The dip looks delicious! i would love to try this. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Lisa Juan — March 13, 2012 @ 5:21 am

Yum Yum!! You know one thing I’m already moving my tongue around my lips. Lolz :) Big bear crushing hug to for sharing easy made Bacon dip recipe here. Keep it up!