Sunday, August 26, 2012

Stuffed Chanterelles with Goat Cheese and Prosciutto

Like any true Swede I go bananas this time of the year and just want to spend hours of valuable time hunting for yellow, heavenly tasting chanterelle mushrooms.  Chanterelles are my favorite mushroom, just simply grilled with butter and salt and i start drooling.

Today’s post is part of World on a plate, which is a blogging cultural exchange. On the last Sunday of the month, bloggers from all over the world get together to interpret a food through the lens of their home country cooking. Each blogger will produce a wonderful dish featuring the food chosen that is typical of her/his home country and will tell us a bit about the dish. This month the theme is stuffed vegetable.

Since it is the time of chanterelles, i had to make a stuffed chanterelle recipe. This is perfect for an appetizer.  Or it just might fill the longing of going into the woods, smelling the fresh air and picking these little yellow things.

Now i want to hear, how many of you go every year to pick mushrooms?

Also today is my little Ella’s 6 month birthday!! Happy 1/2 year.  She is growing to fast! Being a mother is so much fun.  I just started making all this baby food which i will share with you soon too.

Stuffed Chanterelles with Goat Cheese and Prosciutto

Yield: 8 people

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

1/2 red onion chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
8 large chanterelles
½ cup sundried tomatoes
4 slices of prosciutto (chopped)
4 oz goat cheese
Pinch of Pepper

Directions:

Turn the over to 350 F (175C).

Warm up the 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and caramelize the red onion, about 10 minutes.

Remove the feet on the 8 chanterelles, chop the feet and set aside. Chop the sun dried tomatoes. Cut the four piece of prosciutto into smaller pieces.

Put the head of the chanterelles on a cookie sheet with the head down (or which ever end looks like it can fit stuffing). Put some of the chopped sun dried tomatoes in each one, then the chopped feet, the onion, the prosciutto, and top with the goat cheese.

Sprinkle some pepper over each and then drizzle the remaining tbsp of olive oil over.

Bake in the over until they are soft about 20 minutes.

Adapted from: Kicki’s blog

One Year Ago: Pesto Pasta Salad with Feta and Tomatoes
Two Years Ago:  Ice cream Petit Fours

20 Responses to “Stuffed Chanterelles with Goat Cheese and Prosciutto”

Heather (Heather's Dish) — August 26, 2012 @ 7:40 pm

i can’t believe it’s been 6 months…Wes is almost there and i am sure i’m going to cry like a baby!

Katherine Martinelli — August 26, 2012 @ 9:33 pm

Wow, these are just incredible! I love chanterelles and stuffing them with such deliciousness sounds beyond amazing. Happy 6 months Ella!!

Raymund — August 26, 2012 @ 11:50 pm

The flavours on this dish looks amazing!

Katerina — August 27, 2012 @ 4:17 am

I love mushrooms and chanterelles have a very unique flavor. These stuffed ones look absolutely mouthwatering! Happy six months to your little princess!

Splendid Willow — August 27, 2012 @ 7:09 am

Happy 6 months Ella! I love that girl!

Now that dish my friend – you may serve any time – breakfast, lunch, dinner – I’ll take it! Absolutely heavenly!!!!

ox, Mon

michele@hellolovelyinc — August 27, 2012 @ 7:54 am

i will def be making these, ewa. do you think it would be ok to sprinkle on proscuitto after they’re out of the oven? i don’t usually like it cooked. maybe i will try it both ways.

happy half bday to ella. you are going to absolutely adore this phase of infancy when she will be a virtual pleasure center and laugh and discover so much! it was my favorite.

smiles.

michele

• Delishhh replied: — August 30th, 2012 @ 6:46 pm

Michele – yes i think if you just put the proscuitto on afterwards would be totally fine. I have had some proscuitto that made the dish too salty when you cook it, so i totally understand. Ella is so much fun, every day is a new discovery.

carolinaheartstrings — August 27, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

That looks so delicious. Your pictures are always so crisp and clear.

Marina@Picnic at Marina — August 27, 2012 @ 6:20 pm

Happy half year to Ella!
    Well, to answer to your question, before we moved from Seattle, we used to pick our mushrooms every year…:) We had a little mushroom club in Seattle, and would go foraging come September-October… Lovely times!

• Delishhh replied: — August 30th, 2012 @ 6:44 pm

Where do you live now? I would love to find a good place to pick mushrooms in Seattle.

Shut Up and Cook — August 27, 2012 @ 7:06 pm

I go nuts for chanterelles and love stuffed mushrooms so this sounds absolutely freaking amazing!

Anna @ The Littlest Anchovy — August 28, 2012 @ 7:33 pm

Chanterelles are hard to come by in Australia but this just looks too good to let that stop me!!
    Happy birthday Ella!

Natalie — August 29, 2012 @ 9:02 pm

Its a new kind of recipe that I want to try…I love eating mushroom…

PolaM — August 30, 2012 @ 4:40 am

Happy halfversary! Those mushrooms look delicious! I made some stuffed mushrooms once and they were delicious even if I used some pretty tasteless portobellas. I’m sure chanterelle would make for a much better vessel!

Rosa — August 31, 2012 @ 2:00 am

What a great idea and wonderful creation! Those stuffed chanterelles look very promising and tasty.

Cheers,

Rosa

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — September 1, 2012 @ 1:04 pm

Happy Belated 1/2 Year Birthday to your little girl, goodness time flies I can’t believe it’s been 6 months already!

Tiffany — September 8, 2012 @ 3:24 pm

Oh my goodness, these sound AMAZING. Love goat cheese and prosciutto, so this is a winner!

…om mat och identitet | fråga ugglan — September 13, 2012 @ 7:06 am

[...] allt för att inte jag ska känna mig dum. När jag egentligen vill ta med gratinerad chèvre, fyllda kantareller eller havskräftor. [...]

Hyosun Ro — September 19, 2012 @ 5:57 pm

I have to find some chanterelles to make this delicious looking dish. Thanks for sharing. Happy 1/2 year to your daughter!

Herron Hill Dairy — November 18, 2013 @ 9:23 am

Love this recipe! We have SO MANY chanterelles this year I was looking for a nice recipe with chevre. Too many chanterelles, what a great problem to have!