Thursday, March 11, 2010

If you only had a weekend in Seattle where would you go and eat?

Picture from Roger Reyes Photostream

Recently I got an email from someone that was coming to Seattle just for the weekend and wanted restaurant recommendations. This is very difficult because the restaurants I think should all be in the Seattle downtown and not only should they be in good locations, but the food should be memorable.  That is so hard to narrow down.  Especially since one of my favorite restaurants is located outside of Seattle, Café Juanita which is in Kirkland. So if you are staying downtown, want walking distance to your places, and you only have a few days in Seattle I would recommend going to some of the following places:

Serious Pie – Excellent Pizza, does not take reservations so go early but it is also open for lunch.  Best pizza in Seattle.
316 Virginia St. (bet. 3rd & 4th Aves.)
Seattle, WA
206-838-7388
Serious Pie on Urbanspoon

Matt’s in the Market– Local food great atmosphere.  Highly recommend for a fist time visitor.
94 Pike St. (1st Ave.)
Seattle, WA
206-467-7909
Matt's in the Market on Urbanspoon

Canlis – Excellent Food but very expensive. Also need a taxi for a few minutes.  Or you can take the SLUT
2576 Aurora Ave. N. (Halladay St., south of Aurora Bridge)
Seattle, WA
206-283-3313
Canlis on Urbanspoon

Restaurant Zoe – Excellent food, also the same owner as Quinn’s.
2137 Second Ave. (Blanchard St.)
Seattle, WA
206-256-2060
Restaurant Zoe on Urbanspoon

Shiro’s Sushi – Favorite Sushi Place in Seattle.
2401 Second Ave. (Battery St.)
Seattle, WA
206-443-9844
Shiro's on Urbanspoon

Campagne or Café Campagne – Excellent French Food great place for brunch or lunch.
86 Pine St. (1st Ave.)
Seattle, WA
206-728-2800
Cafe Campagne on Urbanspoon

Dahlia Lounge – Local place good solid food and order the donuts for dessert.
2001 Fourth Ave. (Virginia St.)
Seattle, WA
206-682-4142
Dahlia Lounge on Urbanspoon

Le Pichet – French little bistro great for breakfast or lunch.
1933 First Ave. (Virginia St.)
Seattle, WA
206-256-1499
Le Pichet on Urbanspoon

Tamarind Tree – Excellent Vietnamese Food.  Probably need a taxi from downtown but should only take a few minutes.
1036 S. Jackson St. (12th Ave.)
Seattle, WA
206-860-1404
Tamarind Tree on Urbanspoon

Wildginger – If you can’t go to Tamarind tree then go here.  It is a large place and always very crowded but the food is really good. This is Asian Fusion type of food and not Vietnamese
1401 3rd Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101-2105
(206) 623-4450
Wild Ginger on Urbanspoon

If you are scrolling through Pike Place market and you just want to grab a sandwich go to DeLaurenti Specialty Food & Wine in Economy Market Building and then go to Daily Dozen Doughnuts right outside for some fresh warm donuts.

Hope you enjoy your time in Seattle.  Let us know where you went and what you thought.

For Seattleites, what would your list be if you only had a weekend in Seattle?

19 Responses to “If you only had a weekend in Seattle where would you go and eat?”

shruthi — March 11, 2010 @ 7:38 am

Thank you! perfect! i am there for 3 days and cant wait to experience Seattle .

shruthi — March 30, 2010 @ 9:00 am

Hi,

I just got back from Seattle and i love the emerald city. Just the beauty that surrounds it is wonderfully refreshing for someone from NYC. I literally printed out your suggestions and went down the list and tried some that weren’t on your list. Here are the ones that weren’t on your list:

Bocca on Pine st – loved the crab and avocado omelette for bfast. Unfortunately they were super slow – two guys serving a packed restaurant is incredibly ridiculous.
    Hi Spot cafe on 34th ave – loved the brioche french toast with almond butter and maple syrup. I usually dont like almond butter but it was a perfect complement to the brioche toast.
    Bilbao Spanish tapas on 9th ave NE – Tapas was ok not great. Could have gone to andaluca but i have a vegetarian husband and the more the choice for him the better, but they had a crema catalana which was really good. As an experience it was awesome bcos we went there on a thursday and they have live flamenco on thurs!

Besides this we tried, wild ginger, cafe campagne(excellent place), jasmine (thai place at the market) and we did go to Chateau Ste.Michelle and ended up buying some chardonnay and a dry rose’. We did go to Dahlia and we did , as suggested, tried their doughnuts honestly they were way better than daily dozen doughnuts.

Thank you once again for all your recommendations. Truly loved Seattle!

Shruthi

• Delishhh replied: — March 31st, 2010 @ 7:41 pm

Shruthi, Wow sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. I have never been to Bocca on Pine and will have to try it out. Hi Spot Cafe is one of my favorites too, so glad you got to go there. Bilbao i have never been either another one I will have to put on my list. Thanks for coming back and posting on your experience in Seattle.

Emerald City…A True Beauty | Photopportunist's Blog — July 2, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

[...] like never before. However, before i left for Seattle I did get in touch with a food blogger(http://delishhh.com/?p=509) from Seattle on places I MUST eat at, and she was incredibly sweet enough to oblige. An [...]

tom @ tall clover farm — July 12, 2010 @ 6:22 pm

I’d have to say all good choices, and especially as places that seem so Seattle and have great food. I remember once at Le Pichet, a stunning woman (with an equally hip guy) picked up the plate and licked the pate smear clean. She shrugged and we both laughed. I asked if she lost a bet. She said no, to the contrary. (Food so good…)

• Delishhh replied: — August 17th, 2010 @ 10:19 pm

Tom – Yes, Seattle is a great food place. I am very familiar with Le Pichet, great breakfast too. Actaully it is the same owners as cafe Presse in capital Hill. Thanks for stopping by.

Kath — October 2, 2010 @ 6:37 am

Those are great recommendations!

For inexpensive and real Mexican food, we like El Puerco Lloron for lunch at the Pike Place Market. http://www.seattleweekly.com/locations/el-puerco-lloron-171806/

The folks at Tamarind Tree have opened a restaurant in downtown Seattle – Long Provincial Vietnamese Restaurant. http://longprovincial.com/ We haven’t tried it yet, but I would expect it to be good.

Doughnuts! — Delishhh — October 29, 2010 @ 7:59 am

[...] some amazing fresh doughnuts by chef Tom Douglas. Also Art Restaurants had some great ones.  But Pike Place Market has the bet little doughnuts  you can get, Daily Dozen Doughnuts makes them fresh on the spot and [...]

Laurie — August 7, 2011 @ 7:46 pm

OMG, I can’t believe you recommended Tamarind Tree. Expensive Vietnamese food that have their price marked up because they make their dish prettier than other Vietnamese restaurants. What a shame. I would recommend you go to Vietnam House right next door for AUTHENTIC Vietnamese food.

Plus, I think if you’re hanging around downtown for any kind of food, you’re bound to spend lots. I suggest exploring Seattle’s best kept secrets, their neighborhoods. Each neighborhood is unique in every way and it’s always fun to just walk around and check things out there. Ballard, Madison Park, and Capitol Hill neighborhoods are some of my favorites.

• Delishhh replied: — August 11th, 2011 @ 7:21 am

Laurie – I love Tamarind Tree and i have been to Vietnamn. But i will have to try your recommendation of Vietnam House next door. Also the recommendation i did for folks that are only spending a weekend in Seattle is that they do not have to get a car. Your suggestion of them going to the different little neighborhoods is great. But not something someone is going to do if they are here visiting for a weekend with no car.

Eli Perque — November 19, 2012 @ 6:17 am

next page

Clarisse Gastronomy — April 24, 2013 @ 8:56 am

Hello! When I think about Seattle I certainly think about those kinds of photos with tall buildings like this one you show at the beginning of your article. But I’ve never asked myself where I would like to eat if I were in the city, so your article is really helpful, thanks!

Mickael — September 20, 2013 @ 10:09 am

Hello! When I hear about Seattle I always think about that film with Tom Hanks… and rain!! :) I don’t travel to Seattle very often, but if I have the opportunity to go there I will taste those restaurants for sure!

Millionaire Society review — May 22, 2014 @ 9:04 pm

Greetings! Quick question that’s entirely
    off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?

My web site looks weird when viewing from my iphone 4.
    I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to resolve this problem.
    If you have any suggestions, please share. Thank you!

List Leverage — May 22, 2014 @ 9:08 pm

Hey, I think your blog might be having browser
    compatibility issues. When I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer,
    it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, excellent blog!

retirement zimbabwe — June 8, 2014 @ 9:11 pm

What’s up, I check your blogs like every week. Your story-telling style is awesome, keep it up!

Koby — June 17, 2014 @ 7:23 pm

Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on.
    Any recommendations?

enjoy drop — July 8, 2014 @ 2:35 am

Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get
    there! Many thanks

Otomo — December 16, 2014 @ 3:05 pm

Wonderful website. Plenty of useful information here. I’m sending it to a few buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks in your effort!|