Monday, April 12, 2010

Raisin and Pine nut Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad is so simple to make but still hard to find a good one. My husband and I like different kinds of chicken salads.  He likes his simple: chicken, celery, salt and pepper and mayo.  And I like mine spicy and tangy.  I love to have pickles, sour cream, and capers in it, almost like a remoulade with chicken.  Today I had a bunch of left over chicken and was looking for a new kind of chicken salad we both would enjoy and I think I might have found a winner.  I came across a Cranberry and walnut chicken salad by Smitten Kitchen. However, my husband doesn’t like cranberries or walnuts in his salad so instead I used pine nuts and golden raisins; I also added Dijon mustard as well.  Turned out great!

Let me know your favorite chicken salad.

Raisin and Pine nut Chicken Salad

Adapted from: Smitten Kitchen

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

4 cups cubed (1/2 inch) cooked chicken (about 1 3/4 lb)
1 cup pine nuts
1 celery rib, diced into small bits (1 cup)
2 or more tablespoons finely chopped shallot
1 cup dried golden raisins
2/3 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons tarragon or any herb of your choice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl until combined well.

You can add it to your sandwich, serve it on cracker on put it on top of some lettuce.

9 Responses to “Raisin and Pine nut Chicken Salad”

Alexandra — April 14, 2010 @ 1:39 am

Hello!!

I saw youre blog on “bloggtoppen”. Thought it was really fun because you’re swedish and live in Seatlle! My grandparents live there in the area of Des Moines.
    A really nice blog you have! I will follow it and get inspiration once in a while.

Have a nice week.

Best Regards

Alexandra

• Delishhh replied: — April 14th, 2010 @ 6:04 pm

That is great, small world. Thanks for visiting.

John Clark — June 10, 2010 @ 10:07 am

My favorite kind of Salad is none other Potato Salad. it really taste yummy.**-

• Delishhh replied: — June 12th, 2010 @ 7:18 am

John, do you have a potato salad recipe you can share?

Chicken Stock — Delishhh — July 29, 2010 @ 5:04 am

[...] Comments Aidan Webb on Raisin and Pine nut Chicken SaladMohammed Hughes on SchnitzelMaddie on Pear Coffee CakeJuliana on Pear Coffee CakeSplendid Willow on [...]

Knife Sets  — October 13, 2010 @ 10:46 am

russian salads are kind of addictive, my mom always make those russian salad at home-:~

Lasagna Bolognese — Delishhh — April 10, 2011 @ 9:01 pm

[...] One Year Ago: Raising and Pine nut Chicken Salad [...]

Albion — September 7, 2011 @ 11:30 am

I’ve found out a thing new on a number of weblogs each day. It usually is stimulative to find out articles of other copy writers and learn somewhat something from their site. Thanks for sharing.

Lynchburg Realtors — August 26, 2014 @ 5:10 pm

I couldn’t refrain fdom commenting. Well written!