Monday, April 12, 2010

Raisin and Pine nut Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad is so simple to make but still hard to find a good one. My husband and I like different kinds of chicken salads.  He likes his simple: chicken, celery, salt and pepper and mayo.  And I like mine spicy and tangy.  I love to have pickles, sour cream, and capers in it, almost like a remoulade with chicken.  Today I had a bunch of left over chicken and was looking for a new kind of chicken salad we both would enjoy and I think I might have found a winner.  I came across a Cranberry and walnut chicken salad by Smitten Kitchen. However, my husband doesn’t like cranberries or walnuts in his salad so instead I used pine nuts and golden raisins; I also added Dijon mustard as well.  Turned out great!

Let me know your favorite chicken salad.

Raisin and Pine nut Chicken Salad

Adapted from: Smitten Kitchen

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

4 cups cubed (1/2 inch) cooked chicken (about 1 3/4 lb)
1 cup pine nuts
1 celery rib, diced into small bits (1 cup)
2 or more tablespoons finely chopped shallot
1 cup dried golden raisins
2/3 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons tarragon or any herb of your choice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl until combined well.

You can add it to your sandwich, serve it on cracker on put it on top of some lettuce.

12 Responses to “Raisin and Pine nut Chicken Salad”

Alexandra — April 14, 2010 @ 1:39 am

I saw youre blog on “bloggtoppen”. Thought it was really fun because you’re swedish and live in Seatlle! My grandparents live there in the area of Des Moines.
    A really nice blog you have! I will follow it and get inspiration once in a while.

Have a nice week.

Best Regards

• Delishhh replied: — April 14th, 2010 @ 6:04 pm

That is great, small world. Thanks for visiting.

John Clark — June 10, 2010 @ 10:07 am

My favorite kind of Salad is none other Potato Salad. it really taste yummy.**-

• Delishhh replied: — June 12th, 2010 @ 7:18 am

John, do you have a potato salad recipe you can share?

Chicken Stock — Delishhh — July 29, 2010 @ 5:04 am

[…] Comments Aidan Webb on Raisin and Pine nut Chicken SaladMohammed Hughes on SchnitzelMaddie on Pear Coffee CakeJuliana on Pear Coffee CakeSplendid Willow on […]

Knife Sets  — October 13, 2010 @ 10:46 am

russian salads are kind of addictive, my mom always make those russian salad at home-:~

Lasagna Bolognese — Delishhh — April 10, 2011 @ 9:01 pm

[…] One Year Ago: Raising and Pine nut Chicken Salad […]

Albion — September 7, 2011 @ 11:30 am

I’ve found out a thing new on a number of weblogs each day. It usually is stimulative to find out articles of other copy writers and learn somewhat something from their site. Thanks for sharing.

Lynchburg Realtors — August 26, 2014 @ 5:10 pm

I couldn’t refrain fdom commenting. Well written!

seo — March 11, 2015 @ 4:44 am

This in turn is sure to assist in enhancing the investment returns (ROI).

What if that site got to where it’s at because you hired an SEO company and they were SO smart
    that they had figured out Google’s algorithm and gotten you the
    spots you paid them to get you strategically. To get an idea of how the SEO
    report look like, you can request them to provide you with a sample.

See HD Movie — June 14, 2015 @ 6:19 pm

hi!,I like your writing so much! percentage we keep in touch extra approximately
    your post on AOL? I require an expert on this area to solve
    my problem. Maybe that is you! Taking a look ahead to see you.

DC SEO — September 20, 2015 @ 6:21 pm

But,fortunately many grants for firsttime home buyersare available to help pay for a new home.
    Dan Havey, you have a great website, its called
    and why dont you talk real quick about that. In particular, it looks as if new homebuyers will make up
    a lion’s share of the market as winter turns into spring.

Sometimes dirty talking over a text message is way easier
    than doing it live in person. In 2013, 3,000 families purchased homes
    through one of IHDA’s programs, generating 1,500 jobs and infusing $70 million into Illinois’ economy.
    If this sounds a bit vague, it is because there are still other factors that could offset any gains that we may see.