Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Father’s Day Gift Ideas

This is just a little reminder that Father’s day is coming up in the US on Sunday June 20 , 2010, don’t forget!

I did something similar for Mother Day Gift Ideas and I believe you can use many of those gifts for Father’s day too but I decided to create a new list for Father’s Day.

In case you’re looking for gifts, I have a great list of my top 10 food and kitchen ideas for Fathers’s Day:

1. Norpro Professional Meat Tenderizer – $6.49, great little tool for dad while he is out grilling.
  2. Lodge ® Cast Iron Sauce Pot – $16.95 from Crate and Barrel. This works great for warming up your BBQ sauce right on the grill and you don’t have to run back and forth from the kitchen.
  3. Bobby Flay’s Burgers, Fries, and Shakes Cookbook – $17.13. Does your father need a Grilling Cookbook? This is a great cookbook for that.
  4. BBQ Apron for Dad – $22.00 from Café Press. How about getting a great apron for your dad while he is outside making a mess.
  5. Back to Basics TEM500 Egg-and-Muffin 2-Slice Toaster and Egg Poacher – $33.99 from Amazon.com.  This little toaster just says father’s Day all over it.
  6. 2010 Gold Medal Mustard’s Gift Set  – $45.95 from Mustard Museum. Eight Gold Medal mustard’s from the 2010 World-Wide Mustard Competition.  I think I want this for myself.
  7. Meatball Grill Basket – $49.95 from Williams and Sonoma. I thought this was a great idea.  Who doesn’t love meatballs and here is a great father day gift for dad to make meatballs on the grill.
  8. 90 Point Rated Wine Trio – $49.99 from Wine.com. If your dad is wine lover this is a great little gift for him.
  9. DeLonghi CGH800-U Retro Panini Grill – $59.95 from Amazon. Who doesn’t love Panini’s and this is just another one of those grill’s that are a must haves for dad.
  10. Nespresso Machine D90 Essenza – $199.00 from Nespresso.  If you don’t have an espresso machine I highly recommend the Nespresso brand, this is their basic version and it is great.

What are you getting for your Father?

21 Responses to “Father’s Day Gift Ideas”

anabel — June 9, 2010 @ 6:07 am

We’ve celebrated Father’s Day here in March, but I am definitely getting the Egg-Muffin toaster!

• Delishhh replied: — June 9th, 2010 @ 3:18 pm

Anabel – I know, isn’t it great , you have tell me what you think about it.

Erika - In Erika's Kitchen — June 10, 2010 @ 6:39 am

A grilling basket for meatballs – now that is brilliant!

• Delishhh replied: — June 12th, 2010 @ 7:17 am

Erika, I know is that just a cool idea. Not only that is also saves time turning the meats balls and making them evenly brown all over, that is one of the things i hate about cooking meatballs. Thanks for stopping by.

Maddie — June 10, 2010 @ 1:54 pm

What great ideas! I second the cast-iron thing…my dad loves his skillet, and even in the grilling off-season, it’s so great for searing meat and fish.

As for this year’s gift, I’m still stumped! My dad’s a big fan of opera, biographies, and golf, so I might riff on one of those pursuits.

• Delishhh replied: — June 12th, 2010 @ 7:19 am

Maddie – Thanks for stopping by. I am actually doing Fromage.com for my dad. He loves it. I posted that one on Mom’s Top 10 gifts.

onepinkfish — June 10, 2010 @ 4:14 pm

Thank you for sharing your link. I am going to add it to my post. I think the egg and muffin toaster is perfect for my husband. I think you found exactly what I needed.

I am also going to add yout o my reader. You have a great blog!

• Delishhh replied: — June 12th, 2010 @ 7:21 am

One Pink Fish – Oh your are welcome, please do add to your link. I love the egg and muffin toaster, it just cracks me up everytime i look at it. Thanks for stopping by. I added you to my blogroll too.

Piper — June 10, 2010 @ 5:16 pm

too bad my hubby’s not a father because he’d be all about the grill basket and wine trio…hmm, does dog dad count? :)!

• Delishhh replied: — June 12th, 2010 @ 7:22 am

Of course dog’s count 🙂 Have you seen the “from your pet” cards they make these days. I always get those, they are adorable. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by.

Splendid Willow — June 10, 2010 @ 6:33 pm

Hi dear, I almost mentioned the meatball grill basket in my gift post! I was just afraid that we would then be fed meatballs ALL summer long! (:

Love your whole list! You have good taste!

ox, Mon

• Delishhh replied: — June 12th, 2010 @ 7:23 am

Monika – That is very funny. I am getting the meatball grill just for myself. 🙂 The one thing i have about making meatballs is turning the meatsballs over and around so they are brown all over, this makes it so easy :). Have a great and beautiful weekend in Seattle.

Housewife Bliss — June 11, 2010 @ 1:52 am

Fab gift ideas! Thanks so much for hopping along for Fab Nest Friday last week — the move has taken up all my time, looking forward to catching up next week once we are all moved into our new home in the US. We have a great post this Friday on nesting books.

All the best, Coryanne

• Delishhh replied: — June 12th, 2010 @ 7:27 am

Housewife Bliss – Thank you for stopping by. Good luck with your move from London to Arizona, that is a big difference? Are you originally from Arizona? I just checked our your post on nestng books, very nice! Love the blog.

Perfect Gifts for Him & Her — Delishhh — December 6, 2010 @ 2:05 am

[…] Still do not have enough ideas?  Here is my previous list from Father’s Day Ideas: […]

TodayI…Planned for Father’s Day! | Todayi — June 14, 2011 @ 4:29 am

[…] this cookware & such: See Delishhh blog for […]

Delishhh » Father’s Day Gift Ideas for Foodies 2011 — February 10, 2012 @ 8:00 pm

[…] Mother’s Day Gift Ideas 2010 Father’s Days Gift Ideas Kitchen Fashion – what to wear in the kitchen 2010 Perfect Gifts for Him & […]

Delishhh » Chicken Wings for 4th of July BBQ » Delishhh — May 16, 2012 @ 7:36 am

[…] Main Course: Turkey Burger with Yogurt Sauce (instead of hamburgers) Meatballs  using the meatball Grill Basket from Father’s Day Gift Ideas […]

The Best Father’s Day Party Ideas with Inspiring Quotes | Dzinepress — September 5, 2013 @ 8:55 am

[…] fathers day gift ideas […]

boating holidays along the thames — August 13, 2014 @ 12:47 am

Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for
    this website? I’m getting fed up of WordPress because I’ve
    had problems with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform.
    I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Adolph Muskus — December 16, 2014 @ 2:35 pm