Monday, June 21, 2010

Thai Chicken with Plum Ginger Sauce

Here is a Thai dish that is also very easy to make but very tasty.  The marinade is really easy and you make it the night before so when you want to prepare dinner it only takes about 10 minutes to cook it.  I usually use chicken for this sauce but I am sure you can use meat, shrimp or fish.  I have never tried with anything else but chicken but I am sure it will taste good.  If you do try it with another meat let me know what you think.  Also this is a great marinade for BBQ chicken on the grill or even chicken wings.

Thai Chicken with Plum Ginger Sauce

3 lbs chicken breast
1/3 cups plum sauce
2 tbsp whiskey
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp hot chili sauce

In a bowl combine plum sauce, whiskey, sugar, fish sauce, ginger, garlic and chili sauce.  Slice up the chicken to any sizes you prefer, cubes or slice are fine you can even leave them whole. Then add the chicken to the sauce and stir well to coat.  Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours or overnight.

If you left the chicken whole you can grill this on your BBQ Grill about 3-5 minutes on each side.  Or if you sliced or chopped your chicken you can do this on your frying pan.  Add oil to your pan over medium-high heat once your pan is hot add your chicken and stir for about 5 minutes or until done.

Serve with rice. Enjoy!

10 Responses to “Thai Chicken with Plum Ginger Sauce”

IslandEAT — June 21, 2010 @ 8:47 pm

Hi, Ewa. This dish looks great – I’m just surprised by the whiskey in a Thai marinade (must be a North American twist). But the alcohol would give it a nice depth of flavour. Thanks, Dan

• Delishhh replied: — June 24th, 2010 @ 7:44 pm

Dan, yeah i saw the whiskey from some other recipe and decided to give it a try. Turned out great 🙂

pierre — June 21, 2010 @ 10:25 pm

hi delishhh !! this sauce is perfect i love thai food !! Pierre de Paris

• Delishhh replied: — June 24th, 2010 @ 7:45 pm

Pierre, thanks again for stopping by. I love Thai food too, wish i could take a course in Thai cooking.

Chicken Piccata — Delishhh — October 29, 2010 @ 8:04 am

[…] Thai Chicken with Plum Ginger Sauce Thai Fried Rice with Chicken Raisins and Pine nut Chicken Salad Chicken Wings […]

Rack of Lamb and Swedish New Years Traditions — Delishhh — January 1, 2011 @ 6:45 pm

[…] – Korean BBQ Chicken Piccata Thai Chicken with Plum Ginger Sauce Popovers with Cinnamon Butter If you enjoyed this post, I’d truly appreciate a Comment, […]

Mango Gazpacho — Delishhh — June 19, 2011 @ 7:17 pm

[…] Year Ago: Thai Chicken with Plum Ginger Sauce If you enjoyed this post, I’d truly appreciate a Comment, Tweet, Stumble, Facebook share, […]

Lesa @Edesia's Notebook — February 11, 2013 @ 1:12 pm

I made this marinade and put it on salmon for this month’s SRC. It was amazing! Thank you so much for a great recipe!

Asparagus Dip - Daily Dish Recipes — June 5, 2014 @ 7:07 am

[…] these Swedish Chocolate Balls (which are on our too make list next week), Thai Chicken with Plum Ginger Sauce and this German Chocolate Cupcake with Espresso Frosting […]

Tammera — December 16, 2014 @ 3:57 pm

We stumbled over here coming from a different web page and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to looking into your web page repeatedly.