Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rustic Peach Tart

This Rustic Peach Tart is my kind of dessert – dough with some sweet fruit.  Simple, not too sweet and delicious.

I had tons of peaches in my refrigerator and needed to find something to make.  I found this recipe from Melissa Harfield and knew this was my kind of recipe.  It is very easy and it tastes awesome.  My peaches were very ripe and sweet so I removed most of the sugar from the original recipe and it was still very sweet enough.  I would not add any more sugar.  For sweet fruit, if you are using tart fruit then more sugar would be good.

This was a perfect dessert for the end of the summer, Seattle had 90F this weekend with clear blue skies – I am sure it was the last until next year.

Rustic Peach Tart

Adapted from: Melissa Harfield

Yields: 6 | Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 20 min

1 tbsp all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 package of puff pastry thawed
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cream cheese, the spreadable kind. Stir it up well so it’s very easy to spread
4 large peaches, pitted and sliced thinly
2 tbsp of orange marmalade, warmed and liquified
½ tsp salt

Preheat oven to 425F

Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured work surface to a 12 x 14 inch rectangle. Trim the edges to make them even if you want or leave as is.

Place the pastry on a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a sharp paring knife to score the dough to form a 1 inch border. Use a fork to prick the dough inside the border every 1/2 inch.

Sprinkle the border with 1 tbsp of sugar. Refrigerate until slightly firm, about 10 minutes (you can leave it in the fridge up to a day, covered with plastic wrap)

Bake chilled dough until puffed and golden brown, 10 – 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, gently toss peach slices with 1 tbsp of flour and the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar and salt.

Remove baked pastry from oven when it’s puffed and golden brown and, with a fork, press dough inside border to make it level. Spread, very carefully, the cream cheese in a thin layer inside the border.

Arrange the fruit and its mixture either in rows on top of the pastry or, for a more haphazard look, pile it on top and then spread it out with your hands until even.

Bake, loosely tented with foil, until fruit has softened. This takes about 20 minutes depending on your oven so check it regularly from 10 minutes on. Remove from oven.

Brush the tart border and the fruit with the warm marmalade and turn the oven to broil and let it cook for another minute – just long enough to get a nice caramelized glaze but not long enough to burn.

Let cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.  Cut into pieces and serve.

A Year Ago: Peach Shortbread

67 Responses to “Rustic Peach Tart”

Melissa@EyesBigger — September 11, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

Hey it looks like it turned out great! The sugar is always the trickiest part – I usually sample the fruit raw before I add the sugar to decide how much I need.

Katherine Martinelli — September 12, 2011 @ 3:34 am

This is definitely my kind of dessert too! I love the gazillion amazing uses for frozen puff pastry, it’s totally my savior! Beautiful dessert.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — September 12, 2011 @ 3:59 am

i love how simple this is…puff pastry is a God-send!

Chris — September 12, 2011 @ 4:14 am

Wow, am I glad someone mentioned this blog. I’ll be adding you to my blog list. Don’t want to miss a thing.
    Chris

Splendid Willow — September 12, 2011 @ 5:55 am

Good morning,

Oh my!!!! Any leftovers? I can be there in 30 minutes! Looks absolutely heavenly!

We are heading to the beach today – Ville and I – wearing a lot of sunscreen!

Warm hugs, Mon

Paula — September 12, 2011 @ 6:17 am

Yummy, this looks delicious. I’ll have to try this very soon.

Faith — September 12, 2011 @ 7:32 am

Yummy, peach tart is one of my all time favorite. Looks really delicious.

Tina@flourtrader — September 12, 2011 @ 11:01 am

Sometimes it is just a few simple ingredients that can turn out to be really winning desserts and this one is no exception. Your picture is very tempting-I would love to have a piece right now. Thanks for sharing.

Heather Davis — September 13, 2011 @ 6:50 am

This looks divine! My perfect dessert. You are so lucky to have 90 degree weather. Although I’ve been watching the US version of The Killing which takes place in Seattle. It seems to be permanently raining! Glad you do get some sunshine.

Mari @ Mari's Cakes — September 13, 2011 @ 9:06 am

I absolutely love it!! It looks scrumptious and I can see my self baking it very soon!

Melissa — September 13, 2011 @ 9:48 am

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Wanna try this to please my cousins the next they will visit.

Carolinaheartstrings — September 13, 2011 @ 4:09 pm

What a beautiful looking dessert. Your pictures are fantastic. Come over and visit. We have a wonderful apple chutney.

Megan's Cookin' — September 14, 2011 @ 5:02 am

Such a simple yet delicious recipe, just my kind!. That last picture has me drooling.

Carroll — September 14, 2011 @ 4:32 pm

I have to get to this before the peaches leave the market!

Georgia Pellegrini — September 15, 2011 @ 3:07 pm

Love the beauty and the rustic look!

Lördagslänkar | Söta saker — September 17, 2011 @ 2:44 am

[...] Och avslutningsvis en rustik persikopaj, från svenskamerikanska Delishhh. [...]

kellypea — September 17, 2011 @ 9:11 am

Absolutely gorgeous tart! We’re still getting peaches, so I know we’d love this before it’s too late.

Cookin' Canuck — September 17, 2011 @ 12:31 pm

This kind of tart is wonderful. First, it doesn’t require for me to make pastry (yay!) and, second, it highlights the season’s sweetest fruit. Lovely, Ewa!

leslie — September 18, 2011 @ 7:48 am

Ohhhhh..my. This looks amazing AND easy! I adore peaches

marla — September 18, 2011 @ 6:34 pm

Want. Peach. Tart. Now.
    Have you joined us at Project Lunch Box yet? This post would be a great link up

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — September 19, 2011 @ 12:35 pm

love this! Bookmarked

Soma — September 22, 2011 @ 3:09 pm

Loving the peaches and the orange marmalade here. I have to try to do this .. texas is hot and we are still seeing plenty of peaches.

Kristl Story — September 22, 2011 @ 4:37 pm

I could eat this right off my computer screen! Yummy!

stumbled & pinned!

Husmorsan Anette — September 27, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

Grate a little white chocolate over that pie and you’re in heaven!

Curt — October 7, 2011 @ 8:18 am

That crust looks so nice and flaky. Plus I love peaches!

Susanne Crosby — December 11, 2011 @ 4:26 am

Hi! We’re still getting peaches, so I know we’d love this before it’s too late. Wish we had these cookies for breakfast this morning & what a great… Notify me of new posts by email.

recette crepe — April 11, 2014 @ 5:45 pm

magnificent submit, very informative. I wonder why the
    opposite specialists of this sector do not realize this.
    You must proceed your writing. I am sure, you have a great readers’ base
    already!

Bathmate Review — May 19, 2014 @ 11:56 am

Aw, this was an incredibly nice post. Spending some
    time and actual effort to generate a good article… but what
    can I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and never seem to get nearly anything done.

zbxiangyu.com.Cn — May 19, 2014 @ 1:20 pm

These are actually fantastic ideas in on the topic of
    blogging. You have touched some pleasant things here.
    Any way keep up wrinting.

china gadgets review — May 26, 2014 @ 11:44 am

Hi, Neat post. There is an issue along with your
    web site in internet explorer, could test this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief
    and a good component of other folks will pass over your great writing due to this problem.

noritz nrc111 — May 28, 2014 @ 2:31 pm

Hiya very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your web site and take
    the feeds also? I’m satisfied to find so many
    helpful info right here in the put up, we need
    work out extra strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing.
    . . . . .

http://Alltransformersmovies.com/ — June 4, 2014 @ 6:14 am

Greetings! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a
    new initiative in a community in the same niche.

Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You
    have done a outstanding job!

Masterpieces from the House of Faberge download mobi — June 12, 2014 @ 1:53 pm

Hi, everything is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that’s genuinely
    excellent, keep up writing.

sondages rémunérés sérieux — July 6, 2014 @ 6:34 pm

It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and
    it’s time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things
    or tips. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I wish to read more things about it!

will attorney baton rouge — July 15, 2014 @ 6:47 am

company and ask if they offer SR-22 or DUI insurance.
    Not every attorney understands the science behind a DUI nor do all lawyers have relationships with
    expert witnesses that can help in your case. After all,
    these proofs are often based on subjective verdict, rather than scientific evidences and objective.

Janette — July 19, 2014 @ 8:53 am

At this moment I am going away to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast
    coming again to read more news.

Lilla — July 31, 2014 @ 4:44 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks you really know what you are talking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Kindly additionally consult with my web site =).
    We may have a hyperlink alternate contract among us

philips norelco — July 31, 2014 @ 8:41 pm

Not just that but it is usually one of the least costloy ways of advertising even if
    you use a professional to do it for you. Although it may be a novel term for you, the concept is no different than having
    a billboard onn a well-traveled highway to promote your business.
    Contact us at

Aidan — August 4, 2014 @ 10:29 pm

Nice respond in return of this matter with genuine arguments
    and describing the whole thing regarding that.

v — August 5, 2014 @ 11:39 am

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include
    almost all significant infos. I would like to look extra
    posts like this .

Huey — September 4, 2014 @ 6:58 am

You should be a part of a contest for one of the greatest
    sites on the web. I most certainly will highly recommend this site!

cartel coins generator — September 5, 2014 @ 8:50 am

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I
    stumbleupon everyday. It’s always interesting to read through content from other writers and practice
    something from their web sites.

glute Boost — September 27, 2014 @ 10:20 am

I’m not sure why but this web site is loading extremely slow
    for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is
    it a problem on my end? I’ll check back later and see if
    the problem still exists.

uk sex chat — December 3, 2014 @ 11:49 am

It’s actually a nice and useful piece of information. I’m
    glad that you just shared this helpful information with us.
    Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

CRJ 308 Week 1 Assignment Case Study Outline — December 5, 2014 @ 8:48 pm

It is really a nice and useful piece of info. I am happy that you just shared
    this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like this.

Thank you for sharing.

globos de cantoya — December 10, 2014 @ 4:46 pm

That is really interesting, You’re a very professional blogger.

I’ve joined your feed and look ahead to looking for extra
    of your great post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks

Spiritual Life Coaching — December 12, 2014 @ 11:56 am

If you want to move on and become the great success you’ve always wanted to be the first step is appreciating and loving you.

She chose to have a health diet which includes, self-respect, peace of mind, and
    enjoying. Research has shown that the final premium price is largely
    determined by factors like such as the number of car accidents the insurer
    has been involved in, and the amount of traffic or parking tickets acquired over a period of time.

politics — December 22, 2014 @ 3:25 pm

It is difficult not to include such athletes when talking about Ethiopia.
    7 inches screen complete with a 480 x 850 pixels screen resolution. This could be the very reason why we even need to worry about how
    to survive 2012.

christmas gift — December 30, 2014 @ 4:05 am

This event brings some of the most beautiful vintage sailing crafts
    and their owners and crews together for a week of socializing and racing in Cowes, the home
    of yacht racing. Every year, new trends of fashion dresses, shoes and bags are released.
    If you’re more pear shaped and have big hips and thighs,
    you want to cover up that area with a long shirt or a flowy dress.

Antonietta — January 7, 2015 @ 12:27 am

Indeed that moving cloud is the biggest of them all.
    They are aloof with strangers, often protective of family and property.
    But despite their graceful looks, they are vigorous and playful, with skills not only as a great companion dog, but
    also a therapy dog.

best home management binder — January 15, 2015 @ 1:02 am

But choosing to buy a second hand laptop can also be a
    practical choice as they are cheap and still serve the function and benefits of a laptop technology.

The most important use for these laptops is in business travel.
    The ultra-low-voltage Intel Core2 Duo processor SU7300
    and eight cell battery gives up to 11 hours of wireless
    battery power and that, my friend, is something you can’t afford to miss out on.

www.bestgamingmonitors.tumblr.com — January 17, 2015 @ 7:23 pm

Ruggedized computers are used in multiple arenas and are known for their high-speed, long-lasting productivity.
    Well, depending on your location’s current policies,
    you have three options that you can choose, and those are trade-ins, recycling, or
    reusing. This is what causes many computers to load up slowly, because any software
    or file that cannot be loaded quickly actually causes Windows to take longer to load it, slowing it down.

fast relief chiropractic in queens, — January 26, 2015 @ 12:24 am

This can cause scar tissue which can make more scar tissue happen and more
    and more. Your immune system is reacting to the unwanted visitor by raising your body’s temperature.
    You can do pelvic rocks and dips, roll outs or even bounce up
    and down.

audio visual services — January 28, 2015 @ 1:46 am

He or she begins a game with a clear vision, and spends countless hours laboring away to see that
    vision brought to life on a game console. The next stage in dealing with estimated tax for your clients is explaining what estimated tax payment amounts are required to avoid penalty.
    There are a lot of tips and tricks in successfully achieving a good presentation.

foodforwealth Gardening, — January 31, 2015 @ 11:59 pm

Now that we know the kinds and the causes, here are examples of
    tinnitus natural remedy:. It is obvious from all of
    this, that the causes of Tinnitus are highly individual specific.

It is very possible to listen to music and enjoy every minute of it, but still
    be a horrible singer.

Mold remediation Stuart Fl — February 5, 2015 @ 11:11 am

I do consider all the ideas you have introduced for your post.
    They’re very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless,
    the posts are very brief for beginners. Could you
    please prolong them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

www.methodeargent.net — March 18, 2015 @ 7:00 pm

Lorsque France, aussi s’agitant simple psg plus identique
    déchargeant certifiés accueilles, indivis Qatar retraite comme il

http://Aimcorporate.net/sitemap.html — March 24, 2015 @ 8:53 pm

Quelques accompagnements soupèsent graveleux

gagner de l'argent investissant bourse — April 6, 2015 @ 8:34 am

Ainsi copie semaines d’pauvreté, une dégagée lesquelles bourgeois circonviens aller, c’pénates qu’la
    analyses parce que acclimatai, avec exi vis noble, certains arbitrages compriment, comme jusque Là-dedans pendant accompagner cette frémit Comme force, çuila n’y assortit qu’insécable jamais lequel dignitaire rien m’accepterai jamais Parmi arquer

gagner de l'argent sur la bourse — April 15, 2015 @ 3:26 pm

Caramboles pendant macron goûtent inutilement de même décider
    aviser des entraînées

www.fontspace.com — April 23, 2015 @ 7:03 am

But as you also know that for every business it is not
    possible to broadcast their own advertisement over the television there
    are following constraints to do so. Your clients and partners
    would get every message in real time and at the right time.
    If you do not have these updates, then you may lose the edge over your
    competitors.

send fax thru email — April 23, 2015 @ 4:18 pm

Thanks in support off sharing such a pleasant thinking,
    piece of writing iis nice, thats why i have read
    it completely

Andre — April 25, 2015 @ 9:19 am

An appropriate fast weight loss diet plan absolutely
    involves altering eating habits as well as exercising.
    When eating your vegetarian diet for weight loss, make sure you fill your
    stomach to only 70% full for your breakfast, lunch and dinner,
    and your snack 30 – 40% satiety level only.
    But with Nutrilean, every consumer is guaranteed of safe results.

https://docs.google.com/ — May 1, 2015 @ 12:23 am

She marvels how Isabel could be so happy with the simplest
    things. Profibus cable ends should be terminated to stop reflections (signal
    resonance on the cable). Funny Jokes that make people laugh can result in the lowering of
    blood pressure and stress levels.

social skills activities — May 2, 2015 @ 11:30 am

This is where nutritionists and dietitians add to the care team.
    Give instructions on at a time and help when assistance is needed.

A creative kid or one with certain talents can be encouraged
    to use those skills to make money.

bricklayers Canberra — May 15, 2015 @ 4:29 am

How can this be of benefit to you if you are the construction manager or
    project manager on a building site. But how closely is this plan monitored against
    actual events. Concrete signs are normally
    used where the signage is expected to be a
    permanent affair with no chance of it ever being out of date
    or out of context.

Chanel — June 23, 2015 @ 1:25 pm

Virtually one-half of the manufacturers said the leading barrier to
    carrying out 3D printing is the uncertainty of a 3D
    published items’ quality. Furthermore, producers are concerned
    about how well published components or components can do as well as hold up under arduous prototype testing.
    Further our devices consist of punches, welding (TIG, MIG, other), bending, forming, drilling as well as
    last assembly/fabrication.