Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gazpacho

Oh Gazpacho, one of my favorite soups of all time.  It’s refreshing, delicious, healthy, and reminds me of summer.  The key to making a good gazpacho are you ingredients. If you have fresh produce and some amazing sweet tomatoes your gazpacho will be awesome.  I don’t know how many times I have been to restaurants and the gazpacho has been disappointing. Making a good Gazpacho is really hard because you need excellent produce.  Your tomatoes are key to this recipe.  Since farmers markets are just starting up here and didn’t get to one, my tomatoes are store bought, and I chose some nice heirloom tomatoes that I found in the store.  I also think if you use fresh tomato juice this recipe will be much nicer.  I highly recommend making this recipe the night before you are about to serve it.  It always tastes much better the day after.

If you have any other Gazpacho recipes to share let me know and include a link at the bottom, always looking for other Gazpacho recipes.

Have you tried my Mango Gazpacho?  Another great one.

Gazpacho

2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
2 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp sugar
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
6 or more drops of Tabasco sauce to taste
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
4 cups tomato juice

Directions:

Chop all ingredients in small cubes. The smaller cubes the better. You still want some crunch. Combine all ingredients. Place in non-metal, non-reactive storage container, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight, allowing flavors to blend. If you want more sour add more red wine vinegar, want spicier add more Tabasco (I had double the amount).

Adapted from: Simply Recipes

One Year Ago: 20 Reasons why cruising is not for me
Two Years Ago: Chocolate Mousse Cake

13 Responses to “Gazpacho”

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 22, 2012 @ 5:31 pm

such a bright and beautiful bowl of goodness!

Helen in Houston — May 23, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

I usually don’t post until I’ve actually tried a recipe, but if this is nearly as good as your Mango Gazpacho recipe, it’s got to be a winner. Your Mango Gazpacho is AWESOME! I really hesitated before making it for the first time, but the refreshing taste easily won me over. Never thought about using a sweet fruit in a gazpacho! Thanks for waking up my taste buds and helping me embrace new ideas. Now I will give your regular Gazpacho a try and will post a comment later.

• Delishhh replied: — May 26th, 2012 @ 8:02 am

Thank you! Love reading comments from readers who enjoy my recipes. Let me know what you think of the regular Gazpacho too. Have a great weekend!!

Baker Street — May 24, 2012 @ 10:22 am

What a gorgeous bowl of soup!

Debs @ The Spanish Wok — May 24, 2012 @ 11:19 pm

Great recipe. Would have been great to submit to The Soup Kitchen event for Spanish Soups, but you can enter for other themes in future events.

Here…. You are welcome to join in my monthly food blogger event THE SOUP KITCHEN, here offering a new theme each month. All bloggers are welcome, hope to see you participate soon.

• Delishhh replied: — May 26th, 2012 @ 8:00 am

Thanks I will look into it!

Debs @ The Spanish Wok — May 30, 2012 @ 7:35 am

Gaspacho is a regular dish here in Spain and justifiably so as it’s refreshing and sings of summer too.

Nice recipe.

vanillasugarblog — May 30, 2012 @ 2:08 pm

this is one of my favorite cold soups.
    i can never get enough of this in the summer; be it spicy or plain.
    looks so good! i think it’s time to make the 1st batch

Minnie (@thelady8home) — June 3, 2012 @ 12:05 am

This looks SO delicious! I love it with bit extra Tabasco as that make it more spicy. Thanks ton for the recipe!

Magic of Spice — June 4, 2012 @ 9:51 am

Always a favorite…looks wonderful!

Anne Sympton — July 6, 2012 @ 11:54 pm

Awesome recipe! :lol: I just pleased to read these ingredients. Really I will try it in my home. This is my favorite cold soups and the red color of this soup make so hungry. Thanks!!! :lol:

Best Recipes in 2012 — February 12, 2013 @ 7:25 pm

[...] 5. Gazpacho [...]

harga mobil — October 11, 2014 @ 12:05 am

If some one wants expert view on the topic of blogging and site-building afterward i suggest him/her
    to go to see this weblog, Keep up the nice job.