Monday, November 22, 2010

Cranberry Orange Molds (Indian Trail Cranberry Orange Mold)

I grew up with Lingonberries which are very similar to Cranberries. In Sweden you have lingonberries with meatballs and some folks make dessert with lingonberries, there is also lingonberry “saft” which is a concentrated juice and you mix it with water.  You can actually find this in Ikea.

Lingonberries are very similar to Cranberries but mostly found in Northern Europe and cranberries are found mostly in North America. Both have the same nutritional value but lingonberries are smaller than cranberries but with a finer flavor.

However, since moving to the US I have moved on to cranberries and I love them.

During the cranberry season I make all kinds of dessert with them, I love the colors, taste and tartness. But one of my favorite things is Cranberry Orange Mold. My uncle served me this first time for Christmas a few years back and I fell in love with it.  It was so good that I had to get the recipe and then make it at home, which I do ever year now.

I made it at home this week and I can’t stop eating it.  Not only is it delicious with turkey but I can eat it as a dessert.  As I am writing this I have had 3 small molds.

You can make this in a big bowl or small little molds and serve each guest an individual mold, which is just a nice little touch to the table setting.

Cranberry Orange Molds (Indian Trail Cranberry Orange Mold)

2 ½ cup (12 oz) raw cranberries
1 large orange
1 cup granulated sugar
1 package lemon flavored gelatin dessert
1 ½ cup hot or boiling water

Using the cuisineart add the cranberries into the mixer until crushed.  Put the cranberries into a bowl.  Then cut the whole orange into pieces including the rind and put into the cuisine art and mix it, put that into the bowl with the cranberries. Then take the hot water and add the lemon flavored gelatin into it and mix it.  Then mix the gelatin and cranberries and orange inside a bowl.  Once all mixed add the mixture into small bowls and add into the refrigerator over night.

Other Thanksgiving Recipes:

Cranberry and White Chocolate Streusel Bars
Turkey Stuffing
Butternut Sqaush Apple Soup

Butternut Squash Purée with Orange, Ginger, and Honey

14 Responses to “Cranberry Orange Molds (Indian Trail Cranberry Orange Mold)”

nancy@skinnykitchen.com — November 22, 2010 @ 9:00 am

What a delish and different way to use cranberries. They look really inviting too!

Splendid Willow — November 22, 2010 @ 8:22 pm

How interesting. You make — I’ll try!

I am looking forward to you sharing some Swedish Christmas treats recipes with us. Yes, I need it for my “Candy store”!

A warm hug to you,

Mon

Maddie — November 23, 2010 @ 10:40 am

Lingonberries — now those sound truly delishhh! (Ha ha. 🙂 )

But seriously, back home in Chicago, there’s a neighborhood called Andersonville that’s historically Swedish; you’ve got me motivated to explore the area, find some amazing food, and even tour the Swedish-American History Museum there!

Juliana — November 23, 2010 @ 1:43 pm

The cranberry and orange mold look so pretty, love the color and the flavor of it. I look forward to the recipes 🙂

Splendid Willow — November 24, 2010 @ 4:02 pm

Me again!

Happy Thanksgiving to you beautiful friend. And say hi to Hubby too!

Enjoy the Palm trees and the colorful drinks with fancy umbrellas!

ox, Mon

L. Eleana — November 27, 2010 @ 10:35 pm

I love cranberries. Thanks for sharing this. Stopped by from your SU group.

Pumpkin Fritters — Delishhh — November 20, 2011 @ 7:56 pm

[…] Year Ago:  Cranberry Orange Molds // If you enjoyed this post, I’d truly appreciate a Comment, Tweet, Stumble, Facebook […]

The Strickfaden legacy — October 23, 2014 @ 8:10 pm

Definitely imagine that that you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net
    the easiest thing to take into accout of. I say to you,
    I certainly get irked even as folks consider
    worries that they plainly don’t understand about. You controlled
    to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the entire thing with no
    need side effect , folks could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more.

altblue.pl hosting www — October 27, 2014 @ 9:44 am

I’ve learn a few just right stuff here. Definitely price
    bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much
    effort you set to create this kind of wonderful informative site.

Diann — December 16, 2014 @ 2:29 pm

Having read this I thought it was rather informative. I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this informative article together. I once again find myself spending way too much time both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!|

unknown music — January 3, 2015 @ 4:38 am

The libraries contain a wide variety of songs as
    well as background music to help the producers get it placed within their creations.

However one should let it flow through you without noticing this, the idea being, again you relax and take in the sound and not the music, tempo or notes, you could say you are at one with the music.
    Music can be considered as one of the integral
    components of our life.

restaurant music — January 23, 2015 @ 5:25 am

What’s Taking place i amm new to this, I stumbled upon this
    I have discovered It absolutely helpful and it has aided me out loads.

I hope to give a contribution & help other users like its
    aided me. Great job.

mobile — January 30, 2015 @ 9:08 pm

Piece of writing writing is also a excitement, if
    you be familiar with afterward you can write otherwise it is complex to write.

gallery.andriy.info — February 1, 2015 @ 8:40 pm

you’re actually a excellent webmaster. The web site loading speed is incredible.
    It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterpiece.
    you have done a great process in this subject!