Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lasagna Bolognese

There are times when you need to prepare a dish the day before a party or need a dish that will last the whole week for the family and is delicious every night and easy to warm up.  This is my go to dish.

Lasanga Bolognese is always a huge hit.  You can prepare it the night before and all you need to do when the party arrives is heat it up.  Or you can prepare this during the weekend and depending on the size of your family it will last all week for dinner.  And the great thing about this dish, it gets better each night.

I know it takes a while to prepare due to the cooking of the Bolognese sauce but at the end of the day it is worth it, and you will not regret it.

Lasagna Bolognese

Yields: 8-10 people | Prep Time: 60 minutes | Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes

One Set of Bolognese Sauce
15 oz Ricotta cheese
6 oz of fresh spinach
1 egg
1 lbs fresh mozzarella Cheese sliced
8 oz parmesan Cheese grated
Salt
Pepper

Prepare a batch of Bolognese Sauce.

Set oven to 350 Degrees.

Bring a large, wide pot of water to boil with salt and a splash of oil, that will help keep the noodles from sticking together as they drain. Add the lasagna noodles and cook for 10 minutes.  Drain and set aside.

Then using a separate bowl make the ricotta mixture but using all the ricotta, adding the egg and then salt and pepper.  Stir well and set aside.

Then prepare the fresh spinach but adding some olive oil and spinach to a pot and sauté for a few minutes.

Assembling the lasagna – Start by putting some sauce at the bottom of an 9×13” pan so the past will not burn to the bottom and then layer with pasta.  Then add a layer of ricotta/egg mixture and add the all the spinach on top of that.  Then add a layer of the meat sauce and all the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with parmesan on top of that.

Then another layer of pasta, ricotta and meat and end with the remainder of the parmesan cheese at the top.

I do not overlap my lasagna, but I will cut them so they fit perfectly in the pan.

Cook for about 45 hour min with cover and 15 minutes without cover.

Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.

Other Similar Recipes:

Chicken Piccata
Spaghetti Bolognese
Swedish Meatballs
Bulgogi Korean BBQ

One Year Ago: Raising and Pine nut Chicken Salad

24 Responses to “Lasagna Bolognese”

Nami @ Just One Cookbook — April 10, 2011 @ 10:29 pm

What a delicious looking lasagna! I love lasagna but to be honest I never made one. But after looking at this picture, I’m so motivated and I’m ready to try (finally!). Thanks for sharing and I saved the link already! Wish me luck!

Miel Abeille — April 11, 2011 @ 12:48 am

Oh my, another recipe that’s calling my name! Yum!

deeba — April 11, 2011 @ 4:57 am

Absolutely delicious … worth all the effort!

Chris's Gourmet Fashion — April 11, 2011 @ 9:23 am

I agree with you Lasagna somehow tastes better when you prepare it the night before. This is very similar to the one I grew up with … since then stopped eating red meat but still make a vegetarian lasagna (recipe on my site), you may like to try that. Very nice photos, I can see why your Lasagna is always a great success!

carolinaheartstrings — April 11, 2011 @ 11:58 am

My mouth is watering looking at the pictures and reading the recipe. Yummmmm!

Lynn @ I'll Have What She's Having — April 11, 2011 @ 4:36 pm

This lasagna looks incredible. I just finished dinner and suddenly I’m hungry all over again.

Cooking Rookie — April 11, 2011 @ 4:42 pm

One more beautiful recipe! I wish I could have it now for dinner :-) . I “Liked it” on SU :-)

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — April 11, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

This looks great! I must try this one

Aggie — April 11, 2011 @ 5:07 pm

Such a beautiful and delicious looking lasagna. I especially love the fresh spinach.

Big BOYs Oven — April 11, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

lovely, I am hungry now!

Cookin' Canuck — April 11, 2011 @ 7:01 pm

There is nothing more satisfying than a portion of a really good lasagna. Your version looks as though it fits the bill!

Barbara @ Modern Comfort Food — April 12, 2011 @ 2:15 am

Lasagna has always been my go-to fall, winter, and spring party dish too, but I haven’t made it in ages. Must turn that around right now with this sensation recipe. My husband and son will be THRILLED!

megan @ whatmegansmaking — April 12, 2011 @ 5:41 am

I love having tried and true recipes for parties! I’m going to try this one!

Juliana — April 12, 2011 @ 8:13 am

Yummie, love the bolognese sause…ricotta and spinach. nice twist to the classic lasagna. Hape you have a great week ahead :-)

Maris (In Good Taste) — April 12, 2011 @ 9:00 am

I love make ahead meals and this looks delicious!

Katerina — April 13, 2011 @ 6:21 am

I love lasagna Bolognese and consider it to be the ultimate comfort meal. Yours looks exactly that!

honeybee — April 13, 2011 @ 8:59 am

Garfield’s favorite! I must try this. It look delisssshh! I know, I must get an oven by now to make one like this. I hope my kids will love this too. I will come back to check new recipe. Thanks for sharing. BTW, This week I am sharing about Paris Hilton New Luxury Car: How Car Can Cause Cancer.

Magic of Spice — April 14, 2011 @ 2:49 pm

Great recipe…looks so good :)

Megan — April 19, 2011 @ 7:29 pm

This sounds like the ultimate comfort food!

Craving > From Butternut Squash to Bolognese: 7 Lasagna Recipes | foodiecrush — January 26, 2012 @ 6:42 am

[...] all need a classic, and this one might be it: the bomb-daddy, the go-to Lasagne Bolognese thanks to Eva at Delishhh [...]

Delishhh » Blueberry Scones — February 10, 2012 @ 4:16 pm

[...] the whole weekend cooking and filling up my freezer.  I made a few large batches of chicken stock, lasagna bolognese, Swedish meatballs, chicken piccata and also some batches of these blueberry scones that are my [...]

Delishhh » Best Recipes in 2011 — February 10, 2012 @ 7:43 pm

[...] 8. Lasagna Bolognese [...]

Delishhh » Quinoa Tabbouleh » Delishhh — April 9, 2012 @ 8:28 am

[...] Year Ago: Lasagna Bolognese Two Years Ago: Swedish [...]

Jefferey Welman — July 9, 2013 @ 12:57 am

Vegetarianism can be adopted for different reasons. Many object to eating meat out of respect for sentient life. Such ethical motivations have been codified under various religious beliefs, along with the concept of animal rights. Other motivations for vegetarianism are health-related, political, environmental, cultural, aesthetic or economic..^^^

Up to date write-up on our personal web page <http://picturesofherpes.co/