Friday, August 26, 2011

Pesto Pasta Salad with Feta and Tomatoes

Some leftovers are just better than others.  And this Pesto Pasta Salad with Feta and Tomatoes make a great leftover for any day especially lunch.

This week we were having a work BBQ and I needed to bring a pasta salad.  I had been looking around for awhile for a good, simple, easy and delicious pasta salad.  And when I saw this I new it was a winner.

It’s simple, delicious and I first threw this salad together to try it out and it was delicious.  On top of that is taste just as good the day after and you do not have to heat it up.  I just kept it in container in a refrigerator.  This has to be one of the more simple salads I have made and also one that stores really well.

Pesto Pasta Salad with Feta and Tomatoes

Adapted from: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe

Yields:  6 servings | Prep Time: 20 Minutes

1 pound bowtie pasta
1 cup basil pesto
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
4 ounces (about 1 cup) crumbled feta cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 tbsps olive oil, as needed

Cook the bowtie pasta according to package directions in a large pot of salted water. Drain the pasta and run it under cold water just until it cools slightly. Drain the pasta well.

Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Stir in the pesto and gently mix until the pasta is coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each). Add the halved tomatoes and feta cheese. Toss to combine.

Cover the pasta and refrigerate up to an hour before serving. If the pasta seems at all dry before serving, you can stir in the additional olive oil to moisten the pasta.

One Year Ago:  Ice Cream Petite Fours

Please go to Horizon® Healthily Families Back to School Community and please share your back to school money saving advice below for a chance to win a $500 Back to School Shopping Spree from BlogFrog!

Want to exchange more tips and ideas with other moms about back to school topics such as healthy snacks, school supplies and saving money?  Visit the Horizon® Healthily Families Back to School Community!

12 Responses to “Pesto Pasta Salad with Feta and Tomatoes”

Katarina — August 26, 2011 @ 7:40 pm

This looks delicious and with pesto and feta, yummy!

Pesto Pasta Salad with Feta and Tomatoes | tomatoes | Scoop.it — August 27, 2011 @ 5:53 am

[...] Pesto Pasta Salad with Feta and Tomatoes Delishhh is a food blog written by a woman who shares her passion for all things food-related — recipes, cookbooks, kitchen products, restaurant reviews and anything else that comes to mind. Source: delishhh.com [...]

Suzanne — August 27, 2011 @ 3:03 pm

Sounds like the perfect
    end of the summer pasta
    salad. I think it would be
    great to send with my daughter
    to school, too, with fresh
    tomatoes that she could add
    just before she eats it…..and
    some fresh parmesan to put
    on top, too. Thanks for the
    great recipe!
    xx Suzanne

Carolinaheartstrings — August 28, 2011 @ 9:44 am

This is my favorite summer salad. Looks delicious.

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — August 28, 2011 @ 12:23 pm

I totally agree, pesto pasta is the best kind of leftovers!

Anne-Marie @ This Mama Cooks! — August 29, 2011 @ 7:33 am

We have oodles of cherry tomatoes in the garden right now, and lots of pesto in the freezer, so I’ll be making this for sure!

Magic of Spice — August 29, 2011 @ 5:38 pm

Delicious idea for a pasta salad hot or cold!
    And the addition of feta will always bring me running :)

Aquascoop — October 15, 2011 @ 3:00 am

Marcellus Helmcamp — October 31, 2011 @ 10:11 pm

Really good post i loved it the pasta and now i will cook myself!!! Thanks

Sirena — November 4, 2011 @ 11:13 am

Guys can you tell me your favorite blog and websites?

stuffed chanterelles — August 26, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

[...] Year Ago: Pesto Pasta Salad with Feta and Tomatoes Two Years Ago:  Ice cream Petit Fours Posted by Delishhh on August 26, 2012 Leave a Comment [...]

embossing plunger cutter — December 19, 2014 @ 8:56 pm

I’m impressed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that’s both educative and
    interesting, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
    I’m very happy I came across this in my search for something concerning this.