I got this idea originally from Barefoot Contessa on the food network. This recipe has been adjusted from the original Barefoot Contessa recipe.
I love roasted vegetables and I do not know why but I also love sweet potatoes. This vegetable mixture just creates a great mixture of vegetable flavors but also textures. This side dish goes with a lot of different dishes and it is easy and quick too.
Adapted From: Barefoot Contessa
Serves: 6-8 | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Bake Time: 35 minutes
1 lb carrots, peeled and cut
1 lb potatoes, peeled and cut
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 (2 lb) butternut squash, peeled & seeded
1 large sweet potato, peeled
1. Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
2. Cut the vegetable 1- to 1 1/4- inch cubes.
3. All the vegetables will shrink while baking, so don’t cut them too small.
4. Place all the cut vegetables in a single layer on two sheet pans.
5. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt, & pepper.
6. Toss well.
7. Bake for 25 to 35 minuntes, until all the vegetables are tender, turning once with a metal spatula.